The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Long-time lurker now owner

1K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  singlefin 
#1 ·
Hola!! Okay so I've been here a while on another username which I forgot until I made a couple posts on this one (gramlight), I just browsed around and what not. This past month kinda got fed up with my MKV R32 and decided to trade it for the 05 Elise (touring, hardtop, a few aftermarket things) had 6k on the clock, so its begging to be driven.

I usually keep an AWD car and a something with two wheels. I'm going to get another older Golf to DD and carry out surf duties, after the MV Agusta sells.

Prior to this I've owned a lot of different AWD "econo-rally rockets." My favorite was my 2005 Evo RS (KW V3, forged wheels, neova's, cam'd and tuned to 330/315 whp/wtq) which was hit by a semi from the rear, 2.5 years of loved died. Before it was a couple WRX variants, an STi, MKIV R32 and the recent MKV R32. Thought I could live with DSG, but I just made excuses justifying it when all I wanted to do was feel connected.

Blah, Blah here are the pics....oh before you say it I know the drill...search, read, and read some more. If your on any of the other above car forums I'm Ashumo.

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks, yeah I enjoy photography...not much into post processing though. VisualEchos stuff is pretty much on point though.

Just finished my first oil change, really like the fact the car doesnt utilize plastic clips like most of the cars I've had. Makes me feel like I'm actually working on a machine.

Got the tint done yesterday by SDTint.com they are recommended off the socaleuro.com forum. Did SolarGuard 28% all around.

#6 ·
Welcome

good choice.........had an Evo......Lotus are for purists!!.....again welcome

#8 ·
I used to have the D50 but when the D90 came out I figured it was a good time to go ahead and upgrade. Plus I already had the lenses I wanted (10.5 Fisheye, 18-200VR) Now I just want a super fast fixed 35mm lens.

Those pics were taken north of Las Vegas, NV @ Valley of Fire State Park. Pretty rad place if you can stand the heat, lol. I was like WTF is up with the A/C in the Elise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.