The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it was a very beautiful day and i spoted this instantly..the first time i drove past it i was too busy drooling to get out my camera but when i drove back past it i remembered to get my camera ready

the owner owns a large groupe of dealerships in concord he used to leave this car in the showroom near the service dept but i guess he took it out for the day

·
Registered
180 Posts
There was one at HPDE at Buttonwillow weekend before last. It's the first time I've seen one on the track. Looked great but I was told it was limited to a few laps at a time because of overheating and that it is a problem endemic to the GT.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
that car is so ugly its not funny. the performance is great. but people don't drool over this car sorry
My experience is different. There is a local Sunday am (8 am to 10:30 am) get together every week nearby. Last week maybe 150 cars, hot rods to military vehicles to mid 60's Ferraris to Lambos to F car 360's and 430's, to Lotus to pristine restored muscle cars to Cobra replicas, to all kinds of Porsches, to all types/years of Vettes..

Usually 2 or 3 Ford GTs'...yellow, red, silver...ALWAYS the biggest crowds around them.

This past week one pulled in with the Gulf Colors. Sucked the energy out of the other cars, SRO around the GT.

OH, the silver one doesn't actually show up anymore, the guy wrecked it, ran through a horse fence, on a Sunday drive a few weeks ago after the show with some Ferraris and Lambos.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
there's 1,0000 ( how many zeros in a trillion ? ) of them in detroit area.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
they really don't do a whole lot for me either. A McLaren or Saleen maybe...... :up:

·
Registered
15 Posts
There was one at HPDE at Buttonwillow weekend before last. It's the first time I've seen one on the track. Looked great but I was told it was limited to a few laps at a time because of overheating and that it is a problem endemic to the GT.
I put in over 200 miles in a GT at Willow Springs a couple of months ago and the water temp never went over 210. Most of the "sessions" were really long too. And I had the A/C on all day! Maybe the ambient temp was low enough then to make a difference. Also had the car at Laguna Seca twice with no issues either. Fantastic automobile.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I was driving at 110 mph one time and was passed by one of these. The sound and vibration was nothing less than magnificent.

Sure, it's ugly. I'll take two.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool spotting.

Too bad you don't live in NYC area where you can see them every other day :p
i would kill to see one every other day, heck id even be happy to see one once a month..where i live during may june and july the nice cars come out to play but last year i only saw two ferraris, one lambo, and only god knows how many porsches..the roads are horibble and most people around here are retired and drive corvettes..

but speaking of corvettes..later that day i saw a c5 zo6 with a trailer attached pulling 2 snowmobiles on the highway...

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
that car is so ugly its not funny. the performance is great. but people don't drool over this car sorry
That's been the opposite of my experience. I've seen lots of drooling.

The original GT40 is just about my favorite car ever. The GT is about as close as I'll likely get.

·
Registered
301 Posts
lol bavarian i must not know what the car represents, i do know what it represents but it is a FORD sorry. like i said the peformance is great but i would not put in an exotic category such as lamborghini, ferrari, etc etc. this car does not even any exotic looks to it. i saw one at HRM motors and i was like this car is so boring to look at.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I work next door to Google. One guy there has a white one with an absolutely INSANE exhaust - he must be bribing cops on a regular basis to not get ticketed for that one. :drool:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I work next door to Google. One guy there has a white one with an absolutely INSANE exhaust - he must be bribing cops on a regular basis to not get ticketed for that one. :drool:
I know that car and have met the owner. We did some lead/follow stuff at Willow Springs. When I was behind him his exhaust was so loud that I could feel the vibration in the dead pedal and could barely hear my own engine. Very impressive. What a shame that they are such hideous looking cars! :)

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I know that car and have met the owner. We did some lead/follow stuff at Willow Springs. When I was behind him his exhaust was so loud that I could feel the vibration in the dead pedal and could barely hear my own engine. Very impressive. What a shame that they are such hideous looking cars! :)
Yeah - I drove behind him on the way to work and my ears were bleeding ;)

Did you have a chance to ask him what kind of exhaust he is running? Kind of sounds like no exhaust at all :D

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
i would kill to see one every other day, heck id even be happy to see one once a month..where i live during may june and july the nice cars come out to play but last year i only saw two ferraris, one lambo, and only god knows how many porsches..the roads are horibble and most people around here are retired and drive corvettes..

but speaking of corvettes..later that day i saw a c5 zo6 with a trailer attached pulling 2 snowmobiles on the highway...

Do you keep a diary??

1 - 20 of 26 Posts