The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Marguerite and I spent Memorial Day weekend vacationing in Door County, Wisconsin. Apparently, the rest of the country still believes you need an SUV to cart yourself away for the weekend. Where's the fun in that?!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I thought this might be another thread about dead hookers.... This trunk can be useful at times just not most of the time. I always like the look I get when I pull up at the airport to pick up my wife and they see me wrestle a bag into/out of there.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I always like the look I get when I pull up at the airport to pick up my wife and they see me wrestle a bag into/out of there.
Yeah, tough to convince the ladies to use small duffel bags when flying. :)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Meh.

You should see the stuff I haul home from Home Depot. I take the top off and hang boards out of the cab :D

·
Registered
933 Posts
What was the ratio between the clothes you packed and Marguerite's?

·
Premium Member
12,147 Posts
elise is great car for bringing home most lumber, with careful attachments of rope, bungees....no roof.

Here's a line that never works:

I try convince to the young woman (YAY) to come on a trip. Do NOT say:

"Listen, this car has a tiny trunk, so only one of us can bring makeup"

epic failure

Altho, I am more in need of makeup than she, generally.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"Listen, this car has a tiny trunk, so only one of us can bring makeup"
This car does provide a handy excuse to sort out the low maintenance women from the high maintenance variety. Even so, I wouldn't go so far as to request she leave the makeup at home. ;)

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
I need to strategically pack for LOG. Taking the stuff for my vendor table in the car as well. I'm planning a full passenger side.

·
Registered
434 Posts
You frigin Elise boys are spoiled with your HUGE truck opening... haha! :D

That is a lot of stuff in that little trunk though! Nice job!

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
There is a lot more room up under there than the initial impression would suggest.
Shortly after I got my car it was realized that I've lived for two weeks out of a backpack about half that size, including a sleeping bag and most of a tent. And a bottle of scotch (maybe tequila too). Careful planning and ingenuity can go a long way (like to Birmingham).

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Whoa - thats a lot of stuff to put back there. :clap::bow:

are you using a s111 bootie? Just some precaution to prevent rear clam damage in case something back there starts rolling around.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Are those bags empty??? because there is no way you fit them all in the trunk :eek:

pics of full trunk or ban :p lol

seriously, would really love to see pictures of full trunk if you happen to be in the mood to repack the trunk rotfl

·
Registered
979 Posts
I believe it. I've fit an unbelievable amount of stuff in this car. FYI, the GUT front spoiler fits in the cabin with the top on.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts