The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two Thousand Oaks residents were injured Monday afternoon when the pickup truck they were in crashed into a power pole, authorities said.
The driver (idiot) and his passenger (another idiot), both 21, were trapped after the pickup severed a pole at Hillcrest Drive and Rancho Road in Thousand Oaks at 4 p.m., according to a prepared statement from the Ventura County Sheriff's Department.
Ventura County Fire Department personnel extricated both men, who were then taken to Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center.
The passenger was listed in stable condition Tuesday night. The idiot driver condition was not available.
A preliminary investigation showed that the pickup was traveling west on Hillcrest Drive when, for an unknown reason (duh), McNamara lost control (double duh). The easy sweeping curves were too much for the Chevy Silverado!
Authorities believe both alcohol (DUI!), a high rate of speed, total driving inexperience, Macho-redneck attitude, absolute immaturity and an enormous amount of stupidity may have been factors in the crash.
It's AMAZING that these two idiots are still alive. Thank god they didn't kill anyone. If the authorities don't suspend the driver's license, they are just as stupid as the drunk driver!

PLEASE DRIVE SAFE GUYS!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
luckily they didn't get fried by the overhead powerlines.

·
Registered
357 Posts
two thousand people in a pickup has got to be some kind of record

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
two thousand people in a pickup has got to be some kind of record
rotflrotflrotflrotflrotflrotfl

I can't stop laughing! That sentence came directly from the newspaper!

--Hal

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Haaaahaa same thoughts as Jasper! I actually had to re-read the first sentence a couple times to remember that there's a place called Thousand Oaks, and they weren't refering to 2,000 people from Oaks.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
LOL

...damn missed that one. I'm usually on that street. amazing they survived after the truck looking like that.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
thank you, I really needed the laugh after my day. I guess I really should be glad I wasn't in the pick em up truck.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
They were just doing their part for energy conservation:
1. There was probably no electrical power being used in the area while the repairs were being done replacing the utility pole.
2. One less gas guzzling pickup truck on the road in California.

When the driver gets the bill for that mess he may wish that he didn't survive the crash.:eek:

·
Registered
259 Posts
If he had ChaseCam the last words on the recording would have been: "Hey, Bubba! Hold my beer and watch this!"

·
Registered
110 Posts
Looks like the had a nice drift going RIGHT BEFORE they hit the pole. In the defense if those mouthbreathers, Looks like a pretty dangerous road... 4 lanes, smooth, reasonably straight.

These are the kids of guys that usually get a home made roadside memorial made to them. I am amazed at the number of people killed on long straight level stretches of interstate highway.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts