81% sales increase EU overall
88% increase in UK
143% increase in France
139% increase in Germany
29% up USA; 50% up Canada
24% up Asia and Middle East
130% sales increases in China; 125% in Japan
Lotus Motorsport shows 19% increase
163 dealers, 25 more than nine months ago, 50 more in pipeline by the end of 2015.
Exciting reveal in Geneva

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
This list is made up mostly of cars that are more expensive than their good-enough (or higher perceived status) counterparts. The prime example is the Mazda6, which is clearly the best driving sedan in its class, but it's also more expensive than a Camry (and performance buyers aren't the majority of the market). The SS is another good example, since those buyers would likely be cross-shopping BMW (and probably end up with the brand-cachet car)

·
Vroom vroom
507 Posts
I went to a Lotus dealership event recently with my preconceived notions of what an Evora is like. Little bit nicer than an Elise, right? But then I saw the lovely showroom model and actually SAT in it... Immediate reaction was "oh my god, this is NICE." I don't know how much the interior quality has improved since launch, but it is seriously good, very premium feel that should make it very competitive if only people had a clue about Lotus. Marketing in the US is just non-existant

·
Registered
952 Posts
To me this really shows the trend of the American car buyer. It is not that there are not a wealth of fantastic cars available, there are less automotive (driving) enthusiasts. Today it seams the vast majority are more concerned with being connected into the latest and greatest infotainment system. It is just a distraction that takes drivers further away from what they should be doing (and enjoying), DRIVING.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Lord knows we have beaten this to death on here. The combination of poor dealer network and perceived lack of deadly power make Vettes and 'Stangs and such the American preferred flavor.

Selling to real drivers is almost a dream in this market.

We all know though that if more people sat in one and actually drove one it would change quickly.

·
694 Posts

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Hey, I'm doing my part... I have a Lotus, and I have a Volvo V-60 on order!

A fun side note: Every year I spend time at Road America where there is a HUGE contingent of Vettes and plenty of Stangs. Many of these cars are at least twice the value of my Elise but guess which car turns three times as many heads...

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts

·
Premium Member
264 Posts

·
Illegal Alien
4,746 Posts
That's horrifying news for a prospective future Evora buyer like me, they sold 211 and there are 110 for sale at the moment -eek- -eek- Am I missing something here?
Where do you get those numbers from? The sum of those would be half of world 2014 production and 1/3 of all Evoras in the US.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I can't wait to see the new Evora convertible. Hopefully the whispers in the shadows about getting the new Exige US compliant come to fruition. Sigh! Has anyone here went abroad and rented one?
I've driven one at Lotus. Highly, highly desirable car.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
I tell all my friends I'm broke and they still don't believe me so I show them my credit score and they get a good laugh. As for the numbers, I though I read 211 somewhere on the article, but exact numbers don't matter as I do see more Evoras selling per capita than Elise and Exige combined, many with very low miles which tells me just like the original Elise run in '05 they are not too happy after purchasing the car and that scares the living daylights out of me -eek-

·
Illegal Alien
4,746 Posts
The article said 112 sold in '14. But you say 110 are for sale that us what I am looking for a source. If you Personally polled listings did you sort for repeated VIN numbers? If you are scared to buy an Evora , understood but if it offered what you are truly looking for go for it. What it is not is a poseur GT car to coddle you and make you feel good, rather it is a drivers car that is a tool that becomes an extension to your skill.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts