The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm looking for a passive, long range (3-5 feet), stand alone, RF receiver for an access mod. I found a dedicated automotive device here:

Advanced Keys - Intelligent Unit 101

The only problem with this unit is that you can't add additional fobs. You're restricted to the two cards they give you.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Cool, so it unlocks the doors when your within the area and lets you start.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What makes you believe you can't purchase additional transmitters.
Michael
I asked. They claim it's for hightened security. The real down side is that if both key cards are lost or damaged, the entire unit needs to be replaced (per Advanced Keys). They are considering allowing end user card/fob programming in the next version. Release dates were not supplied.

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
I don't know if your intention is to use a system like this on the Lotus, but it can't be used in conjunction with the OEM alarm system or any other system for that matter. It is a stand alone unit.
Cheers,
Michael

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know if your intention is to use a system like this on the Lotus, but it can't be used in conjunction with the OEM alarm system or any other system for that matter. It is a stand alone unit.
Cheers,
Michael
Yes, I intend to use it on my Elise to replace the Bluetooth module I've just installed. I used a PLC to integrate it into the alarm by modding the transmitter. The complete walkthrough can be found here...

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f129/blue10s-bluetooth-access-keyless-ignition-mod-72166/

Right now, my Elise is 75% keyless. You need the key to open the trunk.

·
Registered
6,960 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
they have massive RnD budgets ! :) i've seen a few, but they're not cheap..

are they passive or active, i'd have thought most were active.

good antenna design will improve the range, i'll keep looking around see if come across something.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts