The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I currently own an Exige S and would like to add an Evora S. I test drove a 2012 S and it was fantastic.

Prefer model year 2012 S but 2011 S are less expensive. Is the 2012 S worth the extra money?

What are some common problems to look out for?

I remember reading if you leave it out in the rain water can get in the trunk?
Is this true?

thanks

G

·
Illegal Alien
5,259 Posts
As owner of 1st '12 S in the country. 12's have much better shifter, general improvement of interior materials and fit & finish, revised larger single oil cooler. Nicer steering wheel. Revised and lighter rear silencer but then most change this out to aftermarket stuff.
11's had a recall to fix line routing.and another oil line recall to fix oil line to VVT. 12's already had improvements.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Never heard about the water ingress in the trunk. Anyone?

Aesthetically, they're almost the same. Sure if you jump back and forth between them the 12's have fancier seat stitching, and the 13s even have a cutout for the battery compartment so you don't have to go ripping felt off the trunk liner to access it, but these are small things. I hear the oil line recall issue was never solved.

·
Illegal Alien
5,259 Posts
Same about trunk water? Battery cover access and more secure tiedown of trunk carpet was a mid '12 change and is a big improvement. Oil line was fixed with a shorter line and securing of line to stop wear.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Regarding water..........I thought I read a few post here about water getting inside the car if left out in heavy rain, for example its parked outside at my work and it rains hard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts