The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Friends,

I'm looking to swap-out my 2011 Evora for a New 2012 or 2013 Evora S. Note: not a typo regarding the 2012. I found one that has never been titled.

Any significant differences in the 2012s vs. 2013s? Anything in particular on the S's that I should look out for?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I'm eyeing the 12s too. Leave that blue one in Portland for me.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you're also looking at NA models, I believe Manhattan Motorcars still has a new, untitled 2012 IPS for ~$65k. I looked at it and liked it but ended up going with a used 2011 S because I wanted the S and manual transmission.

I defer to others on differences between the 12s and 13s

·
Registered
433 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
More of a difference between 2011 and 2012. I don't believe there is much difference between '12 and '13. I had a '10 NA and moved up to a '12 S. Really nice - I like the extra oomph that the SC gives you and its frankly better screwed together with a nicer fit and finish. The other thing that is much better is the shifter - still not Toyota or Honda buttery smooth but it goes into gear much better than the '10 cars.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
FYI. Lotus of pittsburgh has 3 2011 and 4 2013. No 2012

All new never titled.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Gotta wonder how many of these lotus dealer franchises are going to be around 5 years from now... pretty rough to be holding on to new 2011 and 2012 models. No way they're making money on their lotus business.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
battery acess in 2013 easier

·
Illegal Alien
5,306 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I agree that 12 and 13 are essentially the same. I have noticed the door lock pins on the door. 12s have them and 13s don't. No pin at all on top of the door. Fully elec I guess.
The lotus sill plate seems to be missing on some too?

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have a '12, and mine does not have door pins. This must have been a mid-MY12 change (mine was one of the later ones, a May '12 build date if i remember correctly).

·
Illegal Alien
5,306 Posts
MY12 running changes, also carried into MY13
- VIN .. CH_10630 on; Door lock/latch mechanism, identified as w or w/o door lock pin changes (i.e. MY12 later half of production) also changes to door trim, inner water shields, wiring harness etc because of lock change.
- Interesting for those having trouble with adding mirror fold switch: along with the Door latch change was a wiring harness change due to look mechanism, this explains the shorter mirror pig tail on harness.
- VIN .. CH_10452 on; 6-Spd Sport Ratio Transmissions, all gears sets changes; mid production.. don’t know what changes is but new is backward compatible, so not gear ratios or geometry, could well be a material spec change
- Battery Box cover; under carpet - early, outside of carpet w/ carpet cutout – later models. No VIN number listed for change.
- Steering Wheel , more ergonomic style added after 1st few cars, no VIN reported (at least GP Edition have old wheel style, due to using special edition wheel based on old form)
- Addition of dead pedal on first of prodcution, then remaoval again (again may be a GP Edition item only)
MY13
- Removal of Aluminum Door sill
- Rumor of using cheaper floor mats, without medallion "Hand Built .."

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
911 Posts
MY13
- Removal of Aluminum Door sill
- Rumor of using cheaper floor mats, without medallion "Hand Built .."
The floormat change is true, my MY13 doesn't have the medallion, it just has an embroidered Evora logo. However, mine still has the aluminum sills. Very late model 13's also changed to the Alpine head unit found in MY14 models.

·
Illegal Alien
5,306 Posts
The floormat change is true, my MY13 doesn't have the medallion, it just has an embroidered Evora logo. However, mine still has the aluminum sills. Very late model 13's also changed to the Alpine head unit found in MY14 models.
Thanks, do you mine sharing last 4 digits of yur VIN to know where in sequence you stood with these items. And from other posts I understand you have the AVIC-X930BT head unit.

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
911 Posts
Yeah, I'm not sure if mine was made out of leftovers or what lol. I still love her all the same. Anyway, the last four of my VIN is 0077. As I mentioned in a different post, Lake Forest Sportscars has a red Evora that doesn't seem to follow the year rules. Mine may fall into that camp as well. For all I know the radio may have malfunctioned (at the dealer) prior to my ownership and I have a unique model because of it. Who knows?:shrug: It's still fast!

·
Illegal Alien
5,306 Posts
Maybe the mutts are the best ones

1 - 20 of 50 Posts