The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Saffron Yellow is Lighter
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any wire on the Elise that is hot (+12V) only, while the engine is running? Running or cranking should be alright as well. I just dont want a voltage source that is hot when the ignition is on and the engine is not running or cranking. I have not looked for a tach wire or lead yet but that might be one option?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
You can use the fuel pump power. It is on briefly when you turn on the ignition then turns off once fuel pressure is built. I use is to run the water pump for my IC as the manufacturer of the cooler suggested.

Later,
Eldon

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
use a 'tap-a-fuse" in the fuse box under the passenger airbag area. this is where i derived power for my hard wired radar detector. radar only turns on and off with "accessory" power from ignition.

·
Saffron Yellow is Lighter
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can use the fuel pump power. It is on briefly when you turn on the ignition then turns off once fuel pressure is built. I use is to run the water pump for my IC as the manufacturer of the cooler suggested.

Later,
Eldon
That is actually a great idea. I'm using it to run the IC pump and fan as well. I was going to build a delay circuit which will start the delay once the motor starts and having it hot for a couple seconds won't have any effect on my desired results. Thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
That is actually a great idea. I'm using it to run the IC pump and fan as well. I was going to build a delay circuit which will start the delay once the motor starts and having it hot for a couple seconds won't have any effect on my desired results. Thanks for the idea.

+1

Same thing I was going to suggest.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts