The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a Bordeaux color Elise with low miles and never tracked or auto crossed.Ready to buy and will travel to pick car up.
Thanks..:wallbang:

·
Registered
6,515 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hmm.... Been thinking about selling mine as I'm doing a lot more highway travelling and need something like a Mini Cooper with cruise control. So the current ideal is to sell the Elise and one of our Evo's for a used Mini Cooper S and an Evo X. Should be an even swap if I can pull it off.

2005 Elise, BRP, Touring, Hardtop, LSS wheels w/base suspension, 20K miles, mostly rural miles as I live in the boonies (low miles per year at least). Serviced locally. Original owner, was #8 delivered in Austin. Never had any problems with it.

I was going to do a full LSS conversion but I love the way it handles with the base suspension and LSS wheels w/wider Falken RT615 tires (215F, 235R) so I did not install the LSS springs/shocks. Those are still available if you wish to complete the conversion.

Stripes (just vinyl, can easily be removed), BRP painted center console and HVAC surround, custom made cupholder (1 of two in existence), Polk db 6.5 and 5.25" speakers with Kenwood powered sub behind seat (can be removed easily), rear badge, BRP painted splitter guards, ipod input.

No track time other than a few laps at touring speed during a car club event. This is an early 05 so it has the dual oil coolers. It has a few nicks on the rocker panels as this car was delivered before star shield was available, but they are very hard to see. Tires are brand new.

I would consider selling it for $31K but am firm at that price.

Couple more pics here:

delliott00/cars - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

PM me if interested. Its located just outside of Austin TX.

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot the blackwatch guage panel and autometer aluminum matching gauges.

EDIT AGAIN: Includes Quicksilver exhaust from Sector111 as well as the factotry one.

-Dave
'05 Elise
'05 Evo
'03 Evo

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Come on guys someone has to have one to sell that is a little closer than Texas.
Thanks..-eek-

·
Registered
361 Posts
That one is definitely Canyon red. Its a more rosey color, sorta like a raspberry color. Bordeaux is only available as a 2005 as far as I know.

Also, just remembered today on the way to work that mine has a quicksilver exhaust. We put it on right after we bought it and to me it just seems like its always been that way, so I forgot. :)

-Dave

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still looking...Someone out their wants to sell a BRP Elise the one from the person in Texas is almost perfect but a little to far and I'm looking for biscuit int or magnolia,wish the car was closer I would save on shipping and put the money into changing the int.
Thanks Oldog...(not really old)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BRP LOTUS

STILL LOOKING,HAVE NOT FOUND ONE YET..
THANKS..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BRP

Thanks I have seen this one last night and I'm high bidder now.
Thanks ..

·
Registered
244 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BRP

Thanks,
What should I look for if I do decided to buy this car?
Thanks..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BRP LOTUS

Lost the bid, as I was going to click on the buy it now someone bought it,as I was looking at the screen,talk about taking it right out from under my nose it does not get any closer than that.I should have just bought the car but I was trying to arrange getting the car shipped to NY.He who snoozes loses.
Most likely going to buy the one from TX.I have been trying to get in touch with the person no luck.
Thanks..::wallbang:

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Lost the bid, as I was going to click on the buy it now someone bought it,as I was looking at the screen,talk about taking it right out from under my nose it does not get any closer than that.I should have just bought the car but I was trying to arrange getting the car shipped to NY.He who snoozes loses.
Most likely going to buy the one from TX.I have been trying to get in touch with the person no luck.
Thanks..::wallbang:
You're looking specifically for a BRP, which limits it to 2005. All totalled, MAYBE there were a couple hundred BRP's sold in the US (about 2500, or 50 average per state, 05's were sold, with about 17 or so possible color choices). Probably not that many BRP's were sold, actually. Add to that you want biscuit interior, and maybe you're down to a dozen, maybe two dozen possible cars imported and sold that way. Remember, if it's a biscuit interior that means it must have the touring package, it won't be a base model.

Now you want it relatively close to where you live. And you can count the total number of cars that meet all your criteria probably on one hand, with a few fingers left over.

NOW you've got to find out how many of those two or three owners want to sell....

BRP IS a great color, it was the first I ever saw in person. But there aren't many out there, and there are likely very few that meet all your criteria.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
606 Posts
IMHO,You should not discount a car in Texas. I bought mine in Houston and drove it back to Pennsylvania. Flew down via an inexpensive Southwest flight on a thursday evening and was back by late Sunday afternoon. Be sure to do the Tail of the Dragon on your way back home. Make the time, get ur car and buy the biscuit interior that's presently for sale on this board. Just do it- no regrets!

-Allen.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts