The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everyone,
I am very interested in the new Elise. I have been lurking these boards for a while now. I am forced to find a new car because my Twin Turbo 3000GT was destroyed during hurricane Charley. I live in Port Charlotte. Anyways I am super interested in ordering a car. Obviously the change from a a 3000GT to an Elise will be tough. They are 2 very different cars. I am trying to find a Dealer in Florida to see a new Elise and go for a test drive. I talked with a salesman from Prestige in Miami about comming down for a test drive and taking a look at the car. He assured me that they have a car for me to test drive and the minimum for a deposit would be $5000.00. I thought this was a little high so I did some research and found out what happened to Transio. So I decided to axe the Prestige idea as it seems they are a horrible dealership. I am not looking to be dicked around by some salesman with the typical "You give me a deposit and ill let you drive the car." That is plain BS and I will certainly not give a dime to any dealer prior to a test drive, I dont care if its a Kia or an Enzo. This is a big step for me and working is out with the misses is rough as well being there is $50k worth of Damage to our house currently and 2 of our cars. The 3000GT was totaled. So if anyone knows of a dealer where I can go to for a test drive and also spend alot of time looking over the car I would greatly appreciate a refferal. I am not looking to laying down a deposit right after I test drive(same day). I am waiting until I get some insurance money first. I am not into the high pressure sales crap and I have very little patience for it. Because I have to drive a ways for the test drive and whatnot I figured I would get everyones opinion on this, that way it will be a positive experience for me. I am looking to drive the car for at least 20 minutes to make sure this is what I want to do. I am willing to travel and its not a big deal. Once thing that I think works against me is that I am only 24 and it seems people just think I am a kid still I guess when it comes to neat cars. I have had some neat cars since I got a good job and I would really like to add an Elise to that list. Please let me get some of your opinions on this.

Thanks,

-Glen

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I can't recommend Aaron at AutoEurope in Birmingham, MI (Detroit) enough. I've been extremely happy with my experience with them. Aaron and the owners are real enthusiasts. They just hosted a track day and invited deposit holders to drive the demo on the track.

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
I can recommend Hunting Ridge Motorsports (Port Chester, NY). They are committed to the brand and are in the process of opening a new Lotus only showroom early next year. They also have Elise IN STOCK NOW. Call Mark Starr for more info.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Highly Recommend Chris Constantin and Lotus of Atlanta (they have banner advertising here btw).

They have a largish allocation. Deposit list is in the 150+ range.

Chris

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
In Florida, go to any dealership but Prestige! The nearest to you in Florida might be Dimmitt in the Tampa bay area, ask for Clay Curtiss.
Another option is to look NE or NW, Atlanta seeems to have a good dealer with a big allocation.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I already emailed and called Dimmitt. They didnt return my email or phone call but I will give them another try.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Dealer

Palm Beach Motor car is a good dealer, if you are serious they would let you test drive, I think they have over 80 deposits but they are a good size dealer and I think the should be getting a good 8 to 10 car a months next year, talk to Ryan Moore or Todd Kozak both good guys.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Bought an M100 from Palm Beach back in 92. Flew into the airport, picked me up, did the paperwork and was on my way in an hour!
Chris

·
Registered
712 Posts
I've been pleased with my dealer (Bill Saxton) at Matheny in Jacksonville. He's a fairly laid back guy, and so am I. I've had a deposit down since last November.

When I went up about two weeks ago to take the test drive and put in my order. He didn't seem to mind the long test drive I took with my friend in the car and not the dealer. Then when we got back, he let me sit in the car, and check out all the little things without being a bother, and as soon as I wanted something he was right there. He even let me attempt to order Lazer Blue. I'll be calling him tomorrow to see if it went through.

I'm not sure how long their wait list is, but I was number 39 and I was asked to order my car about 2+ months ago. I wasn't ready. They supposedly just put in another order of 10 last week (with me in it :) ). They asked $1k for deposit, and is "probably" refundable up until I actually purchase the car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I called Clay at Dimmitt, we will see what happens. This whole process has been frustrating to say the least.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I have left a message for Clay and a message for someone named Angel. Needless to say they have a problem returning phone calls. Looks like its time to choose a different dealer. Reccomendations anyone?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thermite,
Keep in mind that these dealerships are used to very low volume sales. The Elise has them reeling from the phone calls.

My fiancee is at Dimmitt right now taking a test drive, actually.

Give Randy Hughes a call (727 797-7070). If you don't get through to him on the regular line, ask the receptionist for his cell phone. He should be able to help you.
Best,
John
PS Sorry to hear about the hurricane damage.

Thermite said:
Well I have left a message for Clay and a message for someone named Angel. Needless to say they have a problem returning phone calls. Looks like its time to choose a different dealer. Reccomendations anyone?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
John,
I gave randy a call and he was more than willing to help me out. Thanks for the reference. He said right now the demo needs a part but I will be comming up on Friday and I will meet with Randy. Hopefully all will go well and ill be in line like everyone else.

Thanks,

-Glen

P.S. The hurricane damage sucks lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts