The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am new here. i just got my elise on friday. I have looked over the site and cant find a good website that has a good variety of custom wheels and tires to choose from. Thank you for you help

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
There aren't a whole lot of options.... Hopefully you're not goin with 24" chrome spinners.

·
Registered
22 Posts
SSR has some nice wheels even though their Comps have been discontinued.

The Professors can still be made in a 4 x 100 with custom sizes.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the help. every car i have has custom wheels. was hoping to do the same for the lotus

what size wheels will fit? for the people who have changed from stock size what did you go with?

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
We had different wheels made for the Elise. Had some Kodiaks. Some SSRs. In the end we got rather wide rims. I think like 10 or 11" wide on the rear?

I would talk with CCW in Florida about what you need.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey pro. where ya from? i have a set of black chrome wheels on my mercedes and thought they would look great on the elise, but i a quickly starting to realize thats not an option

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'm in Boise. My friend just told me that he recently saw a silver Lotus around town, maybe it was you?

Curious, do you do any performance driving? (autocross, track, etc.)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol. ya its probably me. i havent seen any other out. I know i had seen one around town. it must have been you. i never have done any of that racing. I have always had a camaro so more of the muscle car type. I just traded my 2001 ss in for the lotus. maybe we could chat via email sometime. i am some questions on where you go to get things done and for the car. Nice to meet you by the way

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
I wish I knew why BBS doesn't make wheels to fit the Elise, that's just crazy. I also wish I knew what the perfect wheel/tire size combo would be if weight weren't an issue.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i agree Visual. im not a big racer so i just want someone that looks good, and would fit well. after doing a little and i mean little research i am going with a 16 front and 17 rear. havent figured out the width yet

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Ckeck this builder out. Kodiak actually makesmany parts for BBS,OEM Porshe, BMW etc.
Kodiak Racing Wheels - Custom lightweight race wheels for performance and racing Darryl the owner is very knowledgeable and helpful. Unfortunately you missed our Kodiak Wheel Group buy. You can still order custom wheels for your car though. FYI our wheels were 16x7 with 31mm offset on the fronts and 17x8 with 38mm offset for the rears. If you like the BBS wheels this is the guy o get them from just be prepared for some sticker shock.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i am new here. i just got my elise on friday. I have looked over the site and cant find a good website that has a good variety of custom wheels and tires to choose from. Thank you for you help
There are many online stores selling tires, but I have bought tires earlier from this very professional online store and was completely satisfied with the service. Please try out: www.clicktire.com , they are trained and qualified besides providing you with the customer service and satisfaction to fit your budget and needs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts