The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a mechanic SW subs of Chicago. Does anyone know of a shop that will not force me to take out a mortgage to have work done on my Elise? I’m having starting/starter issue that I need resolved. I tried to work on it myself but whoever designed the engine compartment was not nice. I miss the old days when you could drop the starter in 20 minutes.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
No brainer - TJ.

TJ is back at FVMC/Lamborghini Chicago - if you haven't been there, it's on Ogden a mile west of 83 on dealer row.

TJ was there, went to Stradale and is now back. Reach out to him on the forum and/or call Justin there to schedule. He's the best Lotus tech dude there is - he's probably wrenched every Chicago Lotus guy's car and knows us all and most of our cars. Not sure if you bought your car locally, but if it was a Chicago/Indiana/Wisconsin car, TJ most likely wrenched it at some point.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How are they with their prices? With lambo in their name it sounds like I should expect to triple it.

·
He's on fire!
3,286 Posts
Wouldn't it be easier to call and ask? I don't think anyone is going to come more highly recommended around these parts though.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Hank - use the forum to do the legwork for you!

Pretty much every one of us in the Chicagoland area have had our cars at FVMC (and TJ wrenching them).

Net net, if you want a trusted person working on your Lotus, FVMC is the way to go.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Hank - use the forum to do the legwork for you!

Pretty much every one of us in the Chicagoland area have had our cars at FVMC (and TJ wrenching them).

Net net, if you want a trusted person working on your Lotus, FVMC is the way to go.
To me it sounds like he is more concerned with the costs associated with said person(s) working on his car, not the trustworthiness of them.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Yeah, but you get what you pay for.

I think the fact that pretty much every Chicago area guy brings our cars there speaks for itself.

·
He's on fire!
3,286 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts