The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mine unfortunately had a failure at speed (thankfully not very fast, just 45 mph).

Anyway I can't seem to locate one in North America and I would love to get one overnighted so I can hit the track this weekend.

The part number is: B117D0067F

Here's the link to the video of the part failing:

Suspension Failure_TMP - YouTube

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
mine unfortunately had a failure at speed (thankfully not very fast, just 45 mph).

Anyway I can't seem to locate one in North America and I would love to get one overnighted so I can hit the track this weekend.

The part number is: B117D0067F

Here's the link to the video of the part failing:

Suspension Failure_TMP - YouTube
Contacted one of my sources that may have a used one available, only to find out that Brent has already spoken with you. ;)

·
not your dad's puns
1,765 Posts
Holy crap -eek- ... when I 1st read the thread, I was thinking the lower tie bar ball joint issue, but I guess this is a new one.

Any idea what may have precipitated this? Super stiff suspension on an old bumpy track?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't got a good answer on why. The guys have some changes proposed to ensure it never happens again in don't think they are very satisfied with some of the engineering decisions Lotus made.

Thanks to Phil and Shinoo who got the parts here in time. Also thanks the Brent.

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
I haven't got a good answer on why. The guys have some changes proposed to ensure it never happens again in don't think they are very satisfied with some of the engineering decisions Lotus made.
I've been told by "my expert" that the failure is not common at all, and most likely would only result from a loose ball joint nut or loose plinth bolts. Had your rear camber been adjusted recently? If so, were the plinth bolts reused or replaced?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Are we talking the upper wishbone plinth to upright?

If yes, then i assume the two m10 bolts failed?

This is common enough when they're either not torque enough, have taken a hit, or are just too old.

It's one of the parts that should be changed on a routine basis (the two bolts), and use quality certified ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts