The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Exige S came with a very loud titanium exhaust. A little too loud for my tastes. If anyone has a stock exhaust and wants to sell it, please let me know.

Will also consider an aftermarket exhaust that is about the same as a stock (noise wise). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

How difficult is the install? Going to see how much the Lotus dealer will charge to switch out the exhaust.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
You can probably find a stock exhaust somewhere for free.

If someone is trying to hit you hard $$$ for a stock exhaust, may not be a nice guy.

Is your car an S?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
My Exige S came with a very loud titanium exhaust. A little too loud for my tastes. If anyone has a stock exhaust and wants to sell it, please let me know.

Will also consider an aftermarket exhaust that is about the same as a stock (noise wise). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

How difficult is the install? Going to see how much the Lotus dealer will charge to switch out the exhaust.
Post a picture of your exhaust. Don't let people take advantage of your situation. Changing the exhaust is very exhaust, in fact, I changed my tonight. It took about 1 hour.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
You can probably find a stock exhaust somewhere for free.
...indeed - i was offered a stage two exhaust for $100, however when i drove up to dallas to pick it up, it turned out to be a stock exige S exhaust instead, so he let me take it for free just to get it out of his garage...

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
I wouldn't suggest anyone "sell" their stock exhaust for free (especially since Lotus want over $1200 for it), but the Larini 8" is VERY quiet.

Rob.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Cheap is fair.

Come to think of it, I think I have my 08 stock in the garage. Let me know if you're interested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts