The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I hate to ask, but im looking for a checklist if you will, on pulling the motor out of my Exige. I have a general list, but would like possibly a more detailed list.. Possibly with pics. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Id appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
It's not bad at all. I would suggest just going for it. I used a paint pen to mark all the coolant hoses (numbered) and took photos to know where they went later on. Once you pop the rear clam if you haven't already you'll be able to see what needs to come off.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, Im about to go out there and give it a shot. Let me ask, removing the left axle, did you have to use a slide hammer?

Trying to think what else.....Oh yeah, have to drain your tranny fluid? Also did you replace your throw out bearing as well?

Thanks alot!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Yeah, Im about to go out there and give it a shot. Let me ask, removing the left axle, did you have to use a slide hammer?

Trying to think what else.....Oh yeah, have to drain your tranny fluid? Also did you replace your throw out bearing as well?

Thanks alot!
I had to use a big slide hammer with a choke chain attachment. Some people have gotten away with a large pry bar but I had a hard time getting leverage with the car just on jack stands. Yep you will need to drain the tranny fluid as the axles seal it in. you should change the throw out bearing as well. I pulled my motor/tranny as one piece by myself so it can be a one man job. (i pit a k20 motor in right after though). Just take your time take pictures mark stuff and you'll be fine. When it goes back in if you do it over a long period of time don't "snug" any bolts either tighten them 100% or don't put them in at all. You would hate to have missed one because you for got about it.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,980 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey alright! Thanks a lot cronos. Let me ask, would you know off hand what section of the manual instructs on setting timing?

Also, if I don't plan on removing the tranny, is it even necessary to remove the driveshafts?

got the clam removed and the header unbolted. Plan on knockingout a few more steps tomorrow :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts