The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all. My Condensor has sprung a small leak and need to replace.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
You may know this already, but Pro Alloy in the UK sells a replacement unit for about $270.00 + shipping.

·
Premium Member
2,657 Posts
When I did my AC work, I replaced mine with Vintage Air unit, same size, allows you to install it the right way round[!] and I think if I had to do it again, zero mods,

ihttps://www.lotustalk.com/threads/2007-exige-ac-heater-rework.348738/

it was 139 bucks at the time[cheaper ones of the same size are available] plus 80 bucks worth of hose and fittings.

I think it works better and it is replaceable in a couple days for short money down the road

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was aware of the Proalloy one. The only local source seems to be inokinetic. Are there other domestic sources? Interesting thought with the Vintage air unit. I may explore that some. Thought with so many folks pulling their AC for track duty there might be a used Lotus OEM rattling around in a garage somewhere.

·
Premium Member
2,657 Posts
I am sure any other domestic sources would have similar pricing to Shinoo, I mean, it is just math...
Problem with used ones is time and effort to put a 15 year old part on the car, mine didn't leak but it looked like hell.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good point with the age issue. Agreed, why spend all the effort to put in an old part that may fail in a few months so I have to do it all over again. It just chaps my ass when an OEM part is dramatically more than it should be. I may explore your vintage air find.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts