The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, anyone out there care to comment/show off their install? Given all I have going on, this or the stage II is going to be my next move. I don't want to hack up my fuel pump or drop a new clutch in a 3K mile garage queen, so the stage I upgrade may be perfect.

Anyone have any before/after dynos that want to share, or any impressions? Thanks

·
Crazy Car Guy
526 Posts
Hey, anyone out there care to comment/show off their install? Given all I have going on, this or the stage II is going to be my next move. I don't want to hack up my fuel pump or drop a new clutch in a 3K mile garage queen, so the stage I upgrade may be perfect.

Anyone have any before/after dynos that want to share, or any impressions? Thanks
I have 3 cars that are here at the shop now that are going from BWR/Katana kit's. They will post there reviews shortly. The Stage 1 is definitely less invasive as it requires less for the install, which is basically the fuel pump. I figure a fuel pump install from start to finish will take 3 hours time. So ultimately it will probably come down to you wanted to deal with that.

Thanks,

Jermaine~

·
Registered
291 Posts
Halfway through install now.

Good things: parts look very professional, scuff shipping protection on all the black parts, black finish now standard and not upgrade, Jermaine always available to help out by phone, genuinely helping out as much as possible. When parts were late he overnighted fuel pump at his expense so I would have something to work on for the weekend (fuel pump change is easy on an 06 btw). Supercharger now ships fully assembled. Torque wrench settings on latest instructions. Saw one already installed at FVMC and it looked stock, had to look for it in engine bay to even find it. Dont have to learn EFI.

Bad things: instructions good effort but not as clear as BWR's (acronyms I dont know, fewer pictures, etc.). A month after "everything is ready for sale" still waiting for a part (in shipping now). Dont have a parts list so may still be missing something? Packaging was poor but everything seems to have made it okay (sand all over the silicone bits, no ports taped off on SC in same box, no fancy formed packaging, one loose screw floating around box with hole in it. Instructions printed with photos slightly too dark and in black and white only with no file enclosed so I can print it out myself. Charliex apparently doesnt want ECU by US Postal Service but didnt figure that out until after the fact (apparently he only checks snail mail every 2 weeks).

Aware Im an early adopter, Im sure these things and more are being ironed out..still happy overall. Will repost when install complete, unfortunately not for 2 more weeks because ECU not here, have Turbophil's clam hinge, Manly's engine mounts, and less restrictive exhaust to install and vacation planned.

Once again, still happy overall. Minor complaints but expected for early adopter. Cant wait to finish install.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool thanks guys :) Keep us posted please !

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Pretty much echo Stinkyonions comments to the T. Other then some teething issues on getting the kits out, the hardware so far looks top notch and the intake is really the only thing that will look aftermarket once its all put together.

Oh the intercooler is MUCH beefier then I was expecting. Its 4" thick.

The DBW throttlebody adaptor plate was one of the things missing from the kit, but it looks like the DBW throttlebody will actually mount up to the supercharger just fine. The proper bolt pattern is there and it lines up correctly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts