The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm moving my business, and the lease on my new space starts this week. I own a motion picture camera rental house, Gearhead Camera, Inc. Obviously by the name, I'm into cars.

I can get as funky as I want with the interior design, and I'd love to go with a Vintage British Racecar Garage theme. The floors will definitely be painted gray concrete with a yellow stripe going down the length on the space, walls will be dark gray, but that's as far as I've gotten.

Maybe some old diamond plate on the walls? Old signs? Car parts? What should I do about lighting (it has to be pretty flat and bright to work on the cameras)? Do large wall-size schematics of cars/engines exist? I can go crazy...so I'm looking for suggestions and resources!

Feel free to check out my website www.gearheadcamera.com for an idea of my logo (the big gray and yellow gear). Thanks in advance! Max

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Why not have a section of the floor painted BRG and then put a yellow strip through it? It'll be more striking than just yellow on grey.
Maybe yellow stripe in wider grean with a thin border of blk/white checker?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Why don't you rent some old movies about auto racing? I will make the showroom as either

[1] a scene of the movie

or

[2] the picturing of a scene of a movie. Then you can use your actual inventory as props and displays, and you can have your clients sit on the director chair and see what he or she can do with the equipments.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts