The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Lotus Exige-S 240
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, which one of you guys posted this: Need a counterweight for my car

"After getting the new car, I've decided that it would handle better with a counterweight.

The ideal counterweight would be between 90 and 120 lbs, with a small to medium sized chest. This is purely for center of gravity issues, you understand. As a counterweight, you'll be responsible for occupying the car on road trips, brief jaunts around town, or other driving situations that require enhanced performance from a more balanced suspension. The ideal counter-weight will also be aesthetically pleasing, as we can't really accent a Lotus with a sub-standard counterweight.

In exchange for your services distributing an even weight load in the vehicle, you will receive free transportation and meals as necessary. Shiny baubles may also be provided, on the condition that they enhance the appearance of the car when viewed from the outside.

Hair must be maintainable in such a way that it's not going to blow around violently with the top down. Shave it, braid it, or bow-tie it....it's up to you. Aesthetics again, you understand.

If you think you have what it takes, write me and we can arrange a performance evaluation in the vehicle. "

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Ok, which one of you guys posted this: Need a counterweight for my car

"After getting the new car, I've decided that it would handle better with a counterweight.

The ideal counterweight would be between 90 and 120 lbs, with a small to medium sized chest. This is purely for center of gravity issues, you understand. As a counterweight, you'll be responsible for occupying the car on road trips, brief jaunts around town, or other driving situations that require enhanced performance from a more balanced suspension. The ideal counter-weight will also be aesthetically pleasing, as we can't really accent a Lotus with a sub-standard counterweight.

In exchange for your services distributing an even weight load in the vehicle, you will receive free transportation and meals as necessary. Shiny baubles may also be provided, on the condition that they enhance the appearance of the car when viewed from the outside.

Hair must be maintainable in such a way that it's not going to blow around violently with the top down. Shave it, braid it, or bow-tie it....it's up to you. Aesthetics again, you understand.

If you think you have what it takes, write me and we can arrange a performance evaluation in the vehicle. "
Haaaaaaaaaaa

:clap:

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
:clap: awesome, lol

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
you had me going for a while.
i wondered what kind of dingbat would add weight to the lotus.
i vote this the best post of the year!
sam

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Great idea!!!

But getting your car properly corner balanced for the driver's weight alone is probably a lot cheaper....

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Grrr... the ad was removed. Classic.

FYI: It wasn't me... I probably would have added an inseam limitation so her feet wouldn't block the Stealthbox :D

·
Registered
2008 Lotus Exige-S 240
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great idea!!!
But getting your car properly corner balanced for the driver's weight alone is probably a lot cheaper....
Humph maybe 99.9% of the time but not if you went to the last alignment/corner balance guy I used. :mad:

Grrr... the ad was removed. Classic.
Darn, well the text was all captured, but at the bottom were two cell phone pics of a light yellow Elise w/top removed. :coolnana:

·
Registered
338 Posts
and he IS into asians LOL

I was really trying to go for a "best of craigslist" candidate.

Doesn't look like I made the cut....

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I woulda put my money on Patrick.-poke-

1 - 17 of 17 Posts