The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have (or know of a source for) a hardcopy of the V8 wiring diagrams? I have the PDF version that covers S4 and V8 service and parts manuals, but that only goes as far as the '98 V8. The section I am looking for is ML from the service manual. Any leads are greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Hey Mike

I have a hard copy. The ML section is a huge number of pages. If you dont find an e-copy reach out and I will try to get a copy made and send it to you. I think If I scanned it the file would be too large to transmit? Either way it will take me a while to get it together.

If your in a hurry I think you can buy the hard copy from one of the UK vendors.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't been able to find the particular version of the manual I need. It seems everyone has the books I already have, which don't have the 99 on information. It would be great if you could scan it or make a copy. We can pass it through a google drive.

·
Registered
4,879 Posts

• '98 M.Y. Esprit V8 & GT3: October '97
    Esprit V8: VIN: W 5408 plus 5374, 5382, 5385
    GT3: VIN: W 2200 plus 2192
    As previous with following principal changes:
    • Restyled interior with compact instrument binnacle, new center console and tunnel top.
    • Four instrument set, new tell tale clusters, Elise style push switches. Deletion of boost and oil temperature gauges and time clock.
    • Cobra 6422 security system with remote operation.
    • Revised interior climate control system, with rotary selector switches and electro-pneumatic flap operation. Stepper motor water valve. New face level vents. Separate re-circulation switch.
    • New windscreen wiper arm, washer bottle and pump.
    • V8: Restyled rear aerofoil mounted on tailgate. Locking gas strut for tailgate.
    • V8: New low effort clutch release system with new hydraulic cylinders and rigid pipe.
    • V8: Revised clutch fork and stiffer alloy clutch housing.
    • V8: Revised twin cable gearchange mechanism dispenses with translator. Modified transmission selector cross shaft. Adopted on GT3 together with lower third gear and final drive ratio in June '98 at VIN 2272..
    • New Kelsey-Hayes EBC 430 anti-lock brakes electro-hydraulic control unit.
    • Single Fuel filler.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I haven't been able to find the particular version of the manual I need. It seems everyone has the books I already have, which don't have the 99 on information. It would be great if you could scan it or make a copy. We can pass it through a google drive.
I can certainly empathize with the difficulty finding service info for the late model Esprit v8, am still looking for that elusive 2000-2004 service manual update.
Although I don't think they have specifically what you're looking for now (sorry) here are a couple links with some v8 updates to earlier documentation, mostly parts but maybe helpful at some point if you don't already have:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks - the parts list updates are helpful!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Before I work to much on this - in my hard copy manual there are 4 "ML" sections. I attached photos of the Index or first page of each section. Can you determine for sure this will be useful? Maybe only last 2 sections? The last two seem to be for the late V8. This material may be what you already have?

Attachments

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes - those will do. They are newer than what I have. Take your time - I know this is a big ask.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Before I work to much on this - in my hard copy manual there are 4 "ML" sections. I attached photos of the Index or first page of each section. Can you determine for sure this will be useful? Maybe only last 2 sections? The last two seem to be for the late V8. This material may be what you already have?
Erik,

Don't mean to pile on here but that looks to be the service manual I've been looking for that might cover the MY2003 V8 Esprit. Couple of questions:

1) Can you let me know the document part number, is it by any chance the M082T0327J manual?

2) I've seen a couple vendors selling only selected sections, do you know which vendors sell the complete version of that manual, hardcopy or PDF?

3) Also what is the date of publication and total number of pages (only if known, I certainly don't expect you to count them)?

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts