The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need a few parts to make my interior minty.

need carpet
need wood dash
need a tach
need a few of the lights in the instrument cluster
need steering column cover things
may need a plastic center console thing.

i have a pretty tight budget for this but i also want to do it right.

thanks for your help:bow::bow::bow::bow:

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
i need a few parts to make my interior minty.

need carpet
need wood dash
need a tach
need a few of the lights in the instrument cluster
need steering column cover things
may need a plastic center console thing.

i have a pretty tight budget for this but i also want to do it right.

thanks for your help:bow::bow::bow::bow:
For the dash, the Knowledge base on Europa central has a couple of articles on refinishing your dash. It's just veneer so you don't have much to work with. If you want to go with a new dash, there is a guy who sells them on ebay from time to time, I think around $400 or $500. I ordered one from Prestige Autowoods, a lot more. He will be using a different kind of Australian walnut on my dash.

Prestige Autowood

The carpet pieces look pretty straightforward, can probably make economically. Banks in England sells exact sets in black or oatmeal.

If you haven't already join Lotus Europa Community. Advertise your needs there, and check what's for sale now. A lot of what you're looking for might be in somebody's parts bin. Back in February a guy was advertising a steering column cover for a TCS, it looked great. There were no replies then, don't know if it sold.

You can get some of those things new from the usual suspects: R & D, JAE, Bean, but you will pay for new.

Also contact Hayes at Wirewheel. While he's not a parts dealer, he has accumulated a hoard of all types of Lotus parts over the years, he may have what you need.

You could always buy my car, all those parts are new or nearly new on mine.rotfl

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
+1 for Prestige Autowood, as I custom-ordered my Elan dash from them. I know you're on a tight budget, but they're worth every penny. Others may not use marine grade plywood for the base and the veneers are attached using a special process. The lettering is engraved, filled with ivory paint, then clear-coated. Finally, the dash is polished to a piano finish. The result will exceed your expectations.

Here's mine:
DSC03114 (2).JPG

1 - 3 of 3 Posts