The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,864 Posts
OK, (sez the reluctant WING expert) ? the transom and the rear wing are two different things. ?

I suspect that you are looking for the extended body fitting over the rear lamps (as below), which DOES look stunning! Not the bolted-on appendage on either the hatch or 'fenders'. :mad:

There was a mention many years ago that JAE Parts had sourced these, don't know if they still offer them. There doesn't seem to be a listing at SJ Sportscars/UK.

Keep searching.

The possibility that a used one for sale is very, very low since not many were produced. (Besides, they are both bolted and glued to the body...)

Reactions: cashiew86

·
Registered
813 Posts
umm that green car is perfect, the color the stance the wheels - no wing - class act. I usually would not prefer a metallic green but that color on that car in that picture is something.

Thanks for posting I will be thinking about that all day!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I would love to install long transom and do a rear wing delete on my 97 V8. I can't see squat out the rear window with that wing, not sure how that ever got approved from a safety standpoint.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,864 Posts
That item looks as if it would take a bit of fettling....No wonder they recommend 'professional fitment'.:cautious:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts