The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am finishing up my 3 month, turned 3 year refresh of my 05 Arctic Silver Elise. I have two sets of the 8 spoke base wheels. One set will be painted satin black. I’m looking for input and pictures of other color wheels on a silver sports car.

My friend (painting the car) suggested painting the wheels Arctic Silver with a thin red stripe along the outer edge finished with satin clear. The red would be the same color as the calipers.

One of my brothers was disappointed to see that I repainted the car the original color. He thought I should have gone wild. Lol. he suggested white, purple or green for the wheels. Suggested I go with a “screaming color”.

I’m open to seeing what the community thoughts are. I don’t need a screaming color, but open to seeing the combo.

Ideally, I would have the forged wheels to scale from the T50😃

Car Vehicle Wheel Hood Automotive tire

Wheel Tire White Automotive tire Light

Tire Wheel Car Motor vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
It just comes down to what you like. In my case I like contrast but not black wheels. The convertible's wheel color is called "brushed and dark colored clear". The GT3 is "satin platinum". I don't recall the color name on the Exige wheels.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,483 Posts
Deep red that would match the OE red interior

1 - 7 of 7 Posts