The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got backed in to again. I need a Lotus repair shop ASAP ( While they still exist). Which one is closest to S.E. CT. I see 5 within 150 miles or so. Watertown Valenti, Park Avenue Lotus in NJ, Manhattan Motorcars, Lotus Motorcars of Long Island, Lotus Motorsports in Waltham Mass.

Id rather not go to Valenti. I'm willing to drive because I realize I don't have a *^$*&$ choice. Ya my car is drivable. I might have more than cosmetic damage this time. Maybe a pinched radiator.

By distance I think the Waltham mass is easiest after Watertown. Please give me your thoughts on these 5 places. I don't think Valenti has a Lotus tech any more. I had Valenti do my last front clam repair. They messed it up.
Not going to say how

I want this looked by by a Lotus Tech. I want to make sure I get this fixed correctly before Lotus goes belly-up.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I work quite frequently with Waltham Lotus...those guys are really really good..
if they dont have a part that fits they even manfucaturer it...had a problem with mt tillett seats for example...and they spent hours on the phone with UK no luck, then just manf. the part and called it a day :)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I work quite frequently with Waltham Lotus...those guys are really really good..
if they dont have a part that fits they even manfucaturer it...had a problem with mt tillett seats for example...and they spent hours on the phone with UK no luck, then just manf. the part and called it a day :)
So you're the green Elise! Haha I have the black one Steve had issues installing the tillets in.

Anyway yea +1 for AMNE in Waltham.

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Another vote for the Waltham dealer. They've done a bunch of warranty repairs on my Evora, and I have nothing but good things to say about Steve, their service manager, and the shop.

·
Registered
9 Posts
NY/NJ/CT area Lotus service -- see Waldir at Intermecanic

Contact Waldir at Intermecanic.com, outstanding lotus mechanic
I had a recommendation from a friend who rated Waldir and Intermecanic very highly, and I can echo that. My car got first-class attention, they found a problem that two dealers and various Lotus master-techs missed, and also gave it some TLC (minor body-work, etc) that made my car like new again.

If you are within range (say, like 300 miles? ;-) ), then definitely consider taking your Lotus to see Waldir. I am definitely going back for my next service and for any more work that needs doing on my car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts