The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am new to this site. The reason I joined is I am on a mission and need help. I am looking for any and all information on Lotus 41b chassis. Specificlly I am trying to find My grandfathers car. He had a 41b that I remember from when I was a child. He passed when I was 8. The car was sold in So, California around 1983-85. At the time it was painted a mettalic dark blue. My father does not have any info as to who he sold it to. The reason I am looking for this one chassis is simple. I never got to drive it. I have driven at every track he ever raced at but never in any of his cars. He is the person that got me hooked on F1 and racing in general. My goal is to find the car and if the owner wants to sell it I will buy it. If not I would like to maybe meet the owner at a track of their choosing and make a few laps in it. I know this sounds crazy but it is just something I want to do. Kind of closure for me since I lost a huge influence on me at such an early age. If anyone can point me to a registry or some way of finding them I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Welcome

wow, i really dont know how to help you. Maybe others can chime in and maybe RacyTracy can move this for you to another section of the forum with a different title?

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
The Historic Lotus Register currently doesn't have a registrar for the 41 but you can email Mike Marsden (chairman) for any info that the register might have.

MichaelMarsden (at) Ontel (dot) com

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
wow, i really dont know how to help you. Maybe others can chime in and maybe RacyTracy can move this for you to another section of the forum with a different title?
Good idea.....I moved it and changed the title a little.

I assume it looked something like this?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
What a great story. I hope you find the car and are able to buy it or drive it. AND hope you take lots of pics and let us know the whole story.

·
Registered
6,510 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Wow, good luck with the search! It's a bit of a long shot, but have you tried putting an ad at hemmings.com?
Also, the Hemmings Sports & Exotic magazine has a Lost & Found article every month. I would write to them and attach your pictures. Maybe someone has seen it.

P.S. I am in no way affiliated with Hemmings. :cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
HLR Registrar for the Lotus 41

I am ashamed to say (since I am the webmaster) that there is a mistake on the Historic Lotus Register website Historic Lotus Register - All about Colin Chapman's early Lotus cars

We have a registrar for the Lotus 41. His name is Greg Carpenter who lives in Colorado and he started two years ago. I have corrected the mistake on the website and will let him know about this message from "lost 41b" so you may be hearing from him.

With best wishes,

Peter Ross, Histoic Lotus Register Webmaster and Editor of "Historic Lotus" magazine.

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
I am ashamed to say (since I am the webmaster) that there is a mistake on the Historic Lotus Register website Historic Lotus Register - All about Colin Chapman's early Lotus cars

We have a registrar for the Lotus 41. His name is Greg Carpenter who lives in Colorado and he started two years ago. I have corrected the mistake on the website and will let him know about this message from "lost 41b" so you may be hearing from him.

With best wishes,

Peter Ross, Histoic Lotus Register Webmaster and Editor of "Historic Lotus" magazine.
:clap: Thanks.

Sorry about spreading misinformation :eek:. The new page looks good. Now we just need type 41 info below the picture :evil:...

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Appreciate you sharing the photos with us and wish you best of luck with the search!

·
Registered
803 Posts
I may have owned the car...

I owned a 41, likely a B. I have attached some pictures of it as it was being boxed for shipment to Australia. I have a picture after the new owner restored it some place...

I suggest you give me a call and we can talk about it. You can find the number on my website, in the author/webmaster pages.

Michael

Attachments

·
Registered
803 Posts
envious, a 41 project

I finally found some of the pictures of my 41, before I sold it. I look at the pictures here and almost wish I had not let my project go. On the other hand, building a car from parts found in boxes is a huge undertaking. I have tremendous respect for those of you able to do it.

The parts are shown as I received them. I made progress with the frame but was stuck trying to adapt the gear box to the engine. The old picture is the car before my previous owner got to it. He took two 41s and made a Formula III car. I got the left over bits.

The white car in the Corkscrew is our own Hamai. He can talk about it if he is so inclined.

Somewhere I have a picture of my completed car but doubt it is of much historic significance.

Michael

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts