The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
No luck yet. But my dad may have found the notebook with chassis number in it. He is going to look this week and let me know. I am keeping my fingers crossed.:)

·
Super Moderator
5,453 Posts
All the best with your search - hope your father is succesful with the notebook :)

... Second pics too big wont let me load but picture Ralt atlantics with Lola F/5000s and a few FB cars like this.
You can upload the big file into the gallery which then resizes for display within the forum - I can do it for you if you like :)

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
No luck yet. But my dad may have found the notebook with chassis number in it. He is going to look this week and let me know. I am keeping my fingers crossed.:)
Chassis number will go a long way to finding the car. Also if you've not already ask if there were any unique mods done. Most 41s have had a hard life and were "improved" to stay competitive.

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

PS - the wheel in the lower right of my avatar is from the 41 that SandsMuseum posted earlier in this thread.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lost41b, I am the HLR's Lotus 41 registrar, VulcanGrey posted pics of my car above in the thread. 61 of the type 41s were built and quite a few of them passed thru California at one time or other, including mine.

It's going to be pretty difficult to narrow down which car was your grandfather's as, by the early 1980's the original color was certain to have been changed, so I can't go by that alone.

If you have more details that you can share with me, I'll do my best to track down the car. You can contact me off-list at tacogc (at) yahoo (dot) com.

Greg Carpenter

·
Registered
992 Posts
Isn't this forum great or what :clap:
Yes it is a great forum.... now I'm looking for my grandfather. Can it help me locate him? about 5' 10", graying, last seen at a race in Monterey. Had a beard. Smelled like burnt clutch. He met some woman from the BMW boards.

rotfl

·
Registered
3 Posts
lotus41B, I know this has been a while but curious if you found any more info on the Lotus 41 your grandfather had. I'm curious because I bought a 41 here in L.A. about 2 years ago that had last been sold in the mid 80's and I have very little history for it. the body was painted light green with an Ecurie Purple name painted on the side.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I havent gotten any further but not for lack of wanting to. Have been raising two boys so the search has been stalled. The car was sold painted a dark metallic blue. the engine was blown up from what my dad remembers. i, hoping to have a chassis number this weekend to help narrow the search but the timeline you mention sounds like the right time. any pics of your 41 I can see?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts