The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just purchased an 05 elise from park place. it's magnetic blue and has low mileage. If the original owner sees this thread please PM me. I am curious about it's history. PP told me it was treated nicely and not a track car to the best of their knowlege.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Well the community found at least one previous owner of a car for sale at Park Place so you might have some luck.

You could also try searching the VIN and see what comes up. Oh, and don't forget to check any documentation that came with the car. There might be a service history in there. (Check to see if there's anything next to the battery)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will check that out.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Looking for my previous owner too....... :(

Attachments

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
but seriously...... post the last 4 digits of the VIN on here....someone will know !

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
3194 is the last 4 to my VIN. Anybody know this car?

·
Registered
425 Posts
That was my car!! I flipped it at limerock and had a local body shop/gas station fix it. He was really good with fiberglass because he fixed up an old bass fishing boat he had picked up for free.:D

·
Banned
874 Posts
That was my car!! I flipped it at limerock and had a local body shop/gas station fix it. He was really good with fiberglass because he fixed up an old bass fishing boat he had picked up for free.:D
Yea i bought it salvaged and "said" it was fixed and sold it to cbelon remember?!?!?!

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
you guys are horrible....

·
Banned
874 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
he knows we're joking:rolleyes:
I know.. I wasnt too serious myself.. But for some reason I noticed that everyone "jokes" around too much now.. :shrug:

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
Can you do a search by name here? I bought mine used from a dealer and the previous owner left his insurance card in the packet of paperwork so I know his name. It would be cool if I could see if he is or was a member here...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

VERY nice. lol. Gee who would have thought I would get a response like that? lol.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a question. I have not even seen my car other than in pictures since I wont be home for a few more weeks but my wife tells me there is a paint defect on it. Even though it is out of warranty do you think Lotus would pay to fix a factory defect. I guess the previous owner never noticed it or just never got it fixed. Or maybe it is just a little bondo showing through after he hit that semi then caught fire......... Only time will tell.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
There was an Elise Registry started on here a long time ago... ( although yours was delivered in the fall of 05 I believe )..... maybe sandsmuseum knows.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There was an Elise Registry started on here a long time ago... ( although yours was delivered in the fall of 05 I believe )..... maybe sandsmuseum knows.
Checked sandsmuseum and found that it was built march 05. I will keep searching for that registry on LT.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Had same color combo, but not mine. Is it me? (or the pavement?) But the front tire looks underinflated. Probably the pavement? Or maybe I'm underinflated? :shrug: :D Still not mine.

·
Registered
113 Posts
kiowapilot, in the owners manual packet there is a "maintenance record" book, appx. 3"x5". There is a section that shows the owner's information. This was supposedly sent to Lotus Corporate for the warranty. There are additional pages to show changes in ownership and warranty. Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts