The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for something similar to what frank made for his Elige - naked look and higher/more optimal shifter placement.. I'm thinking about trying to PM him on his other board to see if he'd help me out.

Anybody have any other ideas on where to find one or have it custom made potentially?

·
Registered
935 Posts
re: better shifter

I was looking around, as well. Started a thread in racing forum. I have not found anything.

Keep me posted, if you have better luck.

Otherwise, I will be building or modifying one.

Anton

I'm looking for something similar to what frank made for his Elige - naked look and higher/more optimal shifter placement.. I'm thinking about trying to PM him on his other board to see if he'd help me out.

Anybody have any other ideas on where to find one or have it custom made potentially?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya man I'll def let you know if I find something.. I'll prob just have to track down Frank as I haven't really seen much else. Keep me in mind as well if you figure this out. If you go custom let me know and maybe we can save each other a few bucks buying more than 1. I'd also imagine these could be marketed although not by us as it is completely counterproductive paying site sponsor fees etc to market just one item

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so seems there's some interest, just no solutions though...

I PM'd Frank on TOF, but haven't heard back from him. It was out of the blue though he doesn't know who I am.. hopefully he will get around to responding someday

other than that I'm out of ideas short of custom fabrication

·
Registered
2,894 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
who designed/machined it? should be able to contact him and at least get the cad files. with that, finding a machine shop and sourcing the off the shelf parts to make it shouldn't be that hard.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
who designed/machined it? should be able to contact him and at least get the cad files. with that, finding a machine shop and sourcing the off the shelf parts to make it shouldn't be that hard.
That's what I was thinking.. When/if I hear from him I was going to ask if he had the design or the shop who did it. Youd think someone (either shop or buyer) would hang on to the design plans..

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I'd start with Frank, but I'm sure whoever designed it will have the drawings. Machine shops typically don't have a good system of keeping drawings of parts they made.

BTW, that shifter is designed for the MR2 5speed and will require some tinkering to work with our transmission probably

·
Registered
1,326 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
913 Posts
Those K Swap Motor Shifters are very well made & I was eventually going to try & reach out to each of the companies to see if they had interest in offering a solution for the Lotus community. Im sure all of us would be interested in spending if there is a product to be purchased.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts