The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a week or two ago I remember flipping through some posts here or perhaps on the TurboEsprit yahoo list and someone had posted a link to an off-site photo album of special Esprit mods. I think it started with a link to a group of photos of inboard brakes fitted to a Renault transmission. However it was a whole group of photos where you could keep hitting the next photo link and see what eventually were some pictures of hi-po engine mods. The photo I am actually looking for showed a side by side comparison of a stock piston and rod compared to a short slipper skirt piston that had coatings applied and aftermarket rods. I want to see if I can find some of those short skirt pistons but first I would like to find this photo album link again.

Anyone familiar with what I am talking about?

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,325 Posts
Hi Steve,

The most comprehensive pictures of disassembled Esprits is at Travis' (Vulcan Grey) Picasa site:

Picasa Web Albums - Travis

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
F1 Motorsports - Lotus Esprit S3R photo albums on Facebook

I found the link to the photo album I was looking for over on the Lotus Forums. It was actually a link posted by John (Mr Dangerous) in response to a question I asked about the strength of the UN1 verses the Citroen transmission.

F1 Motorsports - Lotus Esprit S3R photos

The photos of the inboard brakes fitted to the UN1 transmission and the heavy duty rod conversion to the shifter linkage are quite interesting.

The photos I was looking for of the slipper skirt pistons are shown below. Does anyone know where to get these short skirt pistons?

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts