The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All -

I am sure this has been asked before, but i cannot seem to find it in the forums, or if i do, it does not apply to my 2009 Elise.

Anyway, as said, i have a 2009 Elise so i am not sure if the setup from an 05' is different, and am looking for a new exhaust for the car. I would like it to keep the factory exhaust location at the bottom of the factory diffuser.

i would like to have the car have a deeper sound, not sound like a sport bike however.

If you could please give me your suggestions, as well as a price it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey All -

did some research on my own and found a company called Larini - i was wondering if anyone had any experience with them, as their exhausts seem to sound pretty nice.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I got their SE version that exits above the diffuser with dual tips. Love it. If their exhaust that has the tips coming out of the diffuser is the same, I would recommend that.

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
A lot of members here have used the Larini exhausts and have been very happy with them. I will caution you: before you buy a new exhaust make sure you hear it on a Lotus first! Some aftermarket exhausts tend to drone and can get annoying on longer drives. The best thing to do is to go to a couple meets or runs and hear the different exhausts and talk to the owners before you buy. I have the Arquay dual tip exhaust and I am very happy. Best of luck in your search!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey All -

did some research on my own and found a company called Larini - i was wondering if anyone had any experience with them, as their exhausts seem to sound pretty nice.
We are a Larini exhaust/Sector 111 dealer and have installed several systems on Lotus...contact me for special pricing and i can drop ship the exhaust system to you

Best,
Steve

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have a Lotus stage 2 muffler, made by Janspeed in England, and no cat. People have had issues with quality but mine has held up great to ~20kmiles, 2 autocross seasons and 2 track days. It sounds loud, fast, and expensive. It drones somethin' fierce on the highway though :( It's slightly better with a cat, but still drones.

I too was looking for a stock-appearance through the diffuser. These cars sound so bad from the factory and the weenie exhaust tips are a joke. I'm not much for the rocket booster exhausts that exit out the back but there is reason to go that way if you are moving towards high power and want your car to look like a comic book car.

In other news, a muffler is super easy on these cars so you can do it in like, an hour on your garage floor. So, that's nice!

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
I have the Larini SC exhaust on my elise and has a single oval tip no mods to the rear. Sounds real sick.. I get a lot of compliments takes the quiet stock and makes it sound like a V-8...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts