The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living in Boise, I don't get to meet a lot of Lotustalkers. I was really hoping to go to Portland this summer for a track event as I've never tracked there. Figured I'd see if there was a specific event that most Lotustalkers were attending. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone,
Anyone,
Bueller....Bueller....

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Couldn't help with the Portland part of it. But as long as your in the area, Thunderhill is a northern Californian track about 250 miles south of Portland. It's pretty common for some of the guys from Oregon to make it down. Have you figure out a month/week yet? The Golden Gate Lotus club has Thunderhill 7/8.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I like to hit the BMW track days. I will be going to the Lotus track days barring any rain.;) I am quite sure all the PLO boys (our little group of Portland Lotus Owners) will hit the Lotus days too. Check the Lotus of Portland/Motocorsa site for the details. There are 2 days...April 21 and October 6. For the BMW days look at motorsportreg.com. Best thread to check out for any Portland stuff is the "Portland drive" thread.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I'll be in Houston on April 21 but I'll try to set aside the October date. I was thinking more in mid summer to get out of the desert heat though.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Try the BMW days. Yesterday was the Alfa track day. Not too many people and a great day for it. I was over at the infield autocross.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Try the BMW days. Yesterday was the Alfa track day. Not too many people and a great day for it. I was over at the infield autocross.
Thanks Rugbyduck. I might try to squeeze in an autocross as well while I'm there. Are most of your events at PIR? What's the name of your region so I can check out their webpage for dates?

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What's this Lotus club event at PIR on their August calender?
August
1 Cascade Tracktime – Motorcycles
1,2 NHRA Late Night Drags
2 Oregon Motorcycle Road Racing
3 Bug - In
4 Rose City Corvette Club
5,6 Pro Drive
7 Pro Drive Test Day
8,9 NHRA Late Night Drags
8,9,10 SCCA Races
11 Motocorsa - Motorcycle Event
12,13 Pro Drive
14 Pro Drive Test Day
15,16,17 Cascade Sports Car Club School & Races
15,16 NHRA Late Night Drags
18,19,20,21 Pro Drive
22,23,24 NHRA National Drags
25 BMW Club
26,27 Pro Drive
28 Pacific Super Sport Riders
29 Lotus Club
30,31 ABFM / SOVREN Historic Races

·
Registered
772 Posts
I'll be doing both the Grand Prix Import track days and probably the Lotus of Portland one also. :shift:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
What's this Lotus club event at PIR on their August calender?
August
1 Cascade Tracktime – Motorcycles
1,2 NHRA Late Night Drags
2 Oregon Motorcycle Road Racing
3 Bug - In
4 Rose City Corvette Club
5,6 Pro Drive
7 Pro Drive Test Day
8,9 NHRA Late Night Drags
8,9,10 SCCA Races
11 Motocorsa - Motorcycle Event
12,13 Pro Drive
14 Pro Drive Test Day
15,16,17 Cascade Sports Car Club School & Races
15,16 NHRA Late Night Drags
18,19,20,21 Pro Drive
22,23,24 NHRA National Drags
25 BMW Club
26,27 Pro Drive
28 Pacific Super Sport Riders
29 Lotus Club
30,31 ABFM / SOVREN Historic Races
Actual Lotus Club...

·
Registered
624 Posts
Are beginners welcome? I am trying to get a few instructor track days in before I do anything with a big group.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Probably will be at the CLNW track day. There is no novice class for Lotus Club track days.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Are beginners welcome? I am trying to get a few instructor track days in before I do anything with a big group.
Beginners are welcome at the Lotus of Portland days. The Lotus Club day you highlighted does not have a beginner group.

I signed up for the L of P days today in April and October. I'll probably hit a Porsche day or two also. A lot of that will depend on schedules.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I signed up for the Grand Prix Imports day in June. Fits my schedule the best, only $199 and will refund if it rains. Not a lot of track time in this one but it looks fun. If any of the Oregon Lotustalkers want to join, it would be nice to meet you guys. Thanks for all the help.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts