The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I would like to solicit your opinions about the pricing on a couple of used Elises that I've found.

The first has never been titled, but it's got 4k miles, so I assume it was a dealer test drive car and has been flogged within an inch of its life. The dealer wants almost MSRP, but I doubt it's worth that much. 2007 Elise, Touring, Sports, Hardtop, Starshield, $49,900

The second one is also a 2007, and doesn't have a hardtop. 2007 Elise, 14k miles, Touring, Sports, Starshield, $37,900

·
Banned
874 Posts
The second one is about reasonable. $37,000 is good.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
First one also has a couple of obvious modifications, and maybe more that do not show in the pictures...definitely some stories with that one.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Are you in San Fran or Boston? With the number of used cars out there, it would take an amazing deal for me to want to buy one more than a couple hundred miles away.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Are you in San Fran or Boston? With the number of used cars out there, it would take an amazing deal for me to want to buy one more than a couple hundred miles away.
+1, you are looking on the East Coast...might want to search again if you are Bay Area.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My family's in RI, that's why I'm also looking in that area. When spending upwards of $35k on a used car, I would like to get one in a color that I like, and I prefer all the blues to all the other colors. Locally, there are several silvers, which is too boring for this car, as well as black, and a chrome orange. I may concede on the color eventually :D

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
You can get a leftover 07 Exige S new for not a whole lot more than what that dealer is asking for that Elise.

I recently picked up a new/full new car warranty/never titled 07 Exige S for less on-the-road with state title/taxes/tags, and some other goodies thrown in for less than their asking price for that Elise.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Near Virginia, there are several Elises under $30k. Mine had less than 15000 miles and was pretty inexpensive (compared to a new BMW M3 cabrio for example) If you search around, I bet you can find what you want for under $35k with low miles (around 5000)

·
Registered
689 Posts
New or Used Elise?

Take a look at the "Steve Harris Imports" in Salt Lake City, Utah... web site. There is an 07 Red Elise that is siting at their dealership that I looked at recently. It is still brand new and never been titled. I talked to one of the Salesman there and then the Sales manager and they will probably let it go for around 39-40 thousand. It is real nice.. Might be worth looking into if you are interested.

Send me a Private message if I can help you further.. :clap:

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Near Virginia, there are several Elises under $30k. Mine had less than 15000 miles and was pretty inexpensive (compared to a new BMW M3 cabrio for example) If you search around, I bet you can find what you want for under $35k with low miles (around 5000)
You do realize that this thread is ~9 months old, right?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts