The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have been trying to find a good deal on a Lotus for the last 6 months. It seems the lowest price out there is around 30k (unless you go salvage) Right now I am looking at an 05 silver elise with a hard top and 30k miles. It has factory warranty until June and is located an hour away. The car seems nice and the the history report checks out. Only problem is it has a red interior, but i suppose i could change that or live with it. here is the link http://adrenalin-autohaus.ebizautos.com/detail-2005-lotus-elise-2315388.html

Also the car was on ebay and was bid up to 26,000 but they seem to be firm on 30,500. What should I expect to pay for a car like this. I am sick of waiting for the right one to show up. Any advice would be appreciated

thanks

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
If you like the car and it fits your price range go for it, you will not regret buying it once you start driving.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
No idea how it's been looked after, but with the following;
- Sports Pack (nicer/lighter wheels, suspension, etc.....)
- Hard Top (check the soft top is included also)
- JVC stereo (the standard one is useless)

Looks to be a good deal.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
I am sick of waiting for the right one to show up. Any advice would be appreciated
thanks
A)wait for the right one to show up.
B)dont buy a car when there are emotions involved.
C) wait for the right one to show up.

BTW silver with red interior is a really nice combo IMO.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Silver with red is awesome. Price is good. What's the problem?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
$30K seems like a good price if everything else checks out since I have seen Salvage titles go for $28k for the same model. Silver and red is cool I think but to each their own. At least it is not beige inside!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I might swap my non-touring seats/door panels for these if they're in good shape.

Silver LA Elise1 (2).jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice so far. Yeah I drove an 06 salvage back in October and I have been wanting one since then. I could have got the salvage for 23,500 but I figured it would be worth the extra money to get a clean title. The car I am looking at now does not have a soft top, but I looked and they are around 500. As far as swapping out the interior I guess I will have to see if and when I get the car. Thanks again and I will post more info once I see the car in person.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, I went and looked at the car today. It seems nice, its not brand new, but looks to be in good shape. I think I can live with the red interior as its not as bright as I thought it would be. I left a 500 dollar deposit and i will be picking it up next week. I cant wait for the snow to melt.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yea, I'd agree that it's a pretty good deal. The interior is kinda "eh"....but it could be worse I guess. (Such as those dark green Elises that have red interior)

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
i think the red is the only way to go with a non-color car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well thanks for all the responses. I picked up the car yesterday and all I can say is wow. It is such a fun car. Its actually the first car I have ever purchased. I have been driving a 99 ranger since i was 16 (24 now) and needless to say its like night and day. I just hope I dont wreck it.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
If you can, do some autocrosses in your area and learn car control. Better sooner than later.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Well thanks for all the responses. I picked up the car yesterday and all I can say is wow. It is such a fun car. Its actually the first car I have ever purchased. I have been driving a 99 ranger since i was 16 (24 now) and needless to say its like night and day. I just hope I dont wreck it.
congrats! enjoy her in good health.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts