The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Have an Exige (yay!), currently mulling over tire availability and sizes in tire track. Wondering if anyone has some sage advice on sizes - have googled around, but haven't found any super current info.

Unfortunately, the car I picked up has 7 year old front tires, and they have monumental understeer as compared to the rears; so much that I cannot gauge how much more tire the car "needs" up front.

I traditionally run RE71R's on my other cars for both comp and street. In this case, I can't get a perfect upsize from the 195/50 to say a 215-225/45 for the front, only a 205/45/16 in my usual suspects. I've noticed federals come in a 225, but are asymmetrical which makes me leary as I typically have tires rotated, and then flipped after 60+ runs due to shoulder wear.

Anyone have some sage experience and can comment on shoulder, understeer and or tire choices? By default, I'm looking at 245/40 in the rear. Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've run Re71 combo of 205/45R-16 & 245/40R-17 with success, check the solo motorsport section here for more suggestions. If not worried about classing 15s will give you more varied and cheaper options

1 - 2 of 2 Posts