The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I decided I would finally pull the trigger and upgrade from plain old AD07s... I have spent a lot of time studying all the numbers and I believe I am good to go but would just like a confirmation from someone who knows better...

I have standard suspension, and all shims removed...

Planning on buying Rota Slipstreams 7 x 15 offset of 28, and 8 x 16 offset 34 for the rears

As far as the tires I'm looking at R888's, 205/50ZR15 for the front and 245/45R16 for the rear

The front diameter is .5" smaller and rear .3" smaller...

I feel like my car understeers just a little bit too much for my liking/style, which is why I'm aiming for 205mm instead of 195 in the front

Can anyone confirm that this setup is good? Should I consider 16 and 17" rims? Can I expect any rubbing issues? Or, could I even go to 215 front and 255 rear? Otherwise I'm ready to order! Thanks for the help guys :coolnana:

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
That is the typical sizes, folks have used in running RA-1's. I personally went with a 225/50/16 in the rear (205/50/15, front). Compared to the 16/17 standard sizes of the sport pack, it does oversteer more. For Autocrossing I find it too tail happy (it's more of my street setup).

Not sure how the sizes your looking at would compared to the stock street tire package. That 175/55/16 on the front does make for a lot more understeer then the sport packs 195/50/16 which is what I am use to. I'd guess it might be somewhere between what your use to and what the standard sport pack, gives you in term of understeer but you would also have the higher grip levels of the DOT-R tires.

Will you have them in time for the June autox?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, well hopefully the wider rears will counteract some of the oversteer you're talking about Larry, and yeah the 175's just kill me sometimes, too slow around tight corners imo

And, probably not this month but next month's AutoX - I'm hoping to finish killing off my current tires which are both just barely above the wearbars before I put the new ones on, but I'll be ordering them soon :coolnana:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts