Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stay tuned...

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ack! I need about 500+ gigs bandwidth per month. They charge about $1200 a month for that. :)

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the sluggish on-off performance. I am having to do some database back up and moving around on the server. Bear with me! :)

P.S. settling I think on a server-

Dual 2.4ghz Xeon processors
80 + 40 gig hd
1gig fast ram
1000gb bandwidth per month
Redhat

And thanks to our forum sponsors for helping to cover the server costs!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Randy,

If you have a paypal account you can point us at, I'm sure there are a bunch of us willing to kick in a few towards your costs! (I'm one)

-Knute

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Knute said:
Randy,

If you have a paypal account you can point us at, I'm sure there are a bunch of us willing to kick in a few towards your costs! (I'm one)

-Knute
Seconded- I feel that a "paid up" status and all the benefits (whatever they may be) a la SELOC would be a good idea. I think that if being awarded access to the elisetalk tent at track events would grant us each the company of 3 hot, nekkid, grape feeding lap dancers, membership would surely spike exponentially.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Ditto here, I've definitly learned heaps since hanging out with you guys, I'd support it ala SELOC.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! I hope the few forum sponsors we have will help cover the costs. Support the sponsors to support Elisetalk!

:)

Bought the new server today. For the technogeeks-

Dual Xeon 2.8 GHz processors
Dual 80 gig hard drives
1 gig ECC RAM
11 IPs
2000 Gigs of bandwidth per month
100Mbps uplink
Automated Tape back up
Redhat Enterprises OS

For right now, I will keep all three servers, and transition over various domains over the next two weeks. At some point, we will go through the DNS Nameserver thing where the location will have to propogate, but I will try to minimize that as best as we can. My plan is to keep my other server so I will still have two. The second server I have allows 400gigs per month and I use it for holding video and image/data files.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts