The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, looking for an intercooler for my 05 sc Elise. I am running an mp62 sc. I see radium has one but it's only for a turbo. Any advice on where to look/what to do would be greatly appreciated. Also if anybody has one for sale that would work too. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
OEM Elise supercharger uses MP45, but curious how you're running MP62 found on Exiges.
You're going to have to go custom as no one, afaik, makes intercooler kit for MP62 that fit Elises.
If that's the case, you could probably make Radium intercooler work with enough money/effort. Or go chargecooler setup (A2W) if you don't think you'll find enough airflow and put the pre-cooler mounted up front like how Proalloy and Hangar111 does with their Exige chargecooler kit. If you don't need the trunk space, you can do what InoKinetic and TrackSpect Autosport did by mounting the chargecooler inside the trunk area.
Anything's possible with enough money and effort.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Hey all, looking for an intercooler for my 05 sc Elise. I am running an mp62 sc. I see radium has one but it's only for a turbo. Any advice on where to look/what to do would be greatly appreciated. Also if anybody has one for sale that would work too. Thanks!
When Vision Function was around they offered a conversion kit that added intercooled functionality to the non intercooled setups like the Katana and BWR kits. BOE used to do this as well and may still do which allowed you to keep your MP62....it wasn't cheap and costed around $4500 as it upgraded the kit to a MP62 based Rev 310. Might want to check with Phil if he can still do it since they moved on to the TVS kits. IMO at that price point you may as well just upgrade to his TVS kit for $2k more and have an upgrade path.

OEM Elise supercharger uses MP45, but curious how you're running MP62 found on Exiges.
Correct but notice he states its an 05....the Elise SC wasn't released until 08. :) Kits like the old rev series, Katana, BWR all use a MP62.

Reactions: forkmeupscotty
1 - 5 of 5 Posts