The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'07 Exige S
353 Posts
They both attach to the same place through the shift assembly and thread into the floor.
I fabbed my own. Just adds a little more stability/rigidity to an already thin / shaky frame.

Henry
'07 Exige S
'05 Elise

·
Premium Member
11,891 Posts
No. 2 different mods, both of which I installed. I thought I sent you my "Notes for New Owners".

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No. 2 different mods, both of which I installed. I thought I sent you my "Notes for New Owners".
Yes, you did send me the thread for new owners to read through. And I did read it, maybe I got confused from information overload, Lol. So in your opinion, which should I do first? Or might as well do both? What's the degree of difficulty?

Thanks,

·
Less is Better
2,677 Posts
Look very critically at where the play is in your system. Take the console cover off and see if there's play in the joints or cables of the shift mechanism or if there's only movement in the structure of the shifter.

If you have one of the good shifters, these stiffening methods will do the trick. Actually, IMO, you only need Stan's mod and won't need the Inokinetic reinforcer. If you have play in the mechanism (as opposed to the structure) you are better off looking at the ShiftR111.

·
Premium Member
11,891 Posts
Post 6 has your answer. Thank Joe.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I did the shift r reinforcer and stans mod from Bill's space, also did the rear motor mount, I think the motor mount helped me the most.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts