The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a deal with the Fella that has the 90 SE.
He will repair all that needs to be done on his wallet.
I will receive it for a price what I think is fair.

This next week, I hope to receive my dream.
This will be my own reward for surviving my awful divorceof 8 3/4 years!!!:facepalm
Can't wait.
Can't wait to be a parent to vehicle!..so to speak.

I will get my Son to help me post when-if- it all happens.
Nothing is guarenteed. I've learnt that!

SIGH.

·
Super Moderator
4,177 Posts
For you, the adventure begins! Congratulations - it's going to be a wild ride ;-)

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Good for you. Be patient with it. It will take a combination of time and money to get it right, how much of each depends on how much you have of them. But once set straight, you will find it to be an incredibly rewarding car to own. All the best with it.

- Joe

·
Banned
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reminds me of this advert:

Baby - Nationwide Insurance - YouTube

Congrats!
Lol.:)

Something is skewd here now.
The seller has disappeared.
We agreed on fixing the problems. He would pay for it and source the parts and get it all done.
I told him that the car is sold if all gets done!
Haven't heard from him.
WTH!!????

·
Super Moderator
4,177 Posts

We agreed on fixing the problems. He would pay for it and source the parts and get it all done.
Haven't heard from him.
WTH!!????
I believe that's his way of telling you he changed his mind. If you didn't get it in writing, it's unlikely that you have much recourse.

Send him one last email/voicemail, tell him you're not buying the car due to lack of response from him, and move on. Unless Canadian laws are different than USA, this should be adequate.

The car, as well as the seller, should give you a positive feeling about the transaction. That clearly is not happening here.

·
Banned
1,594 Posts

Haven't heard from him.
WTH!!????
I wouldn't want that type of agreement anyway. Asking someone to fix problems on their car before selling it just gives them financial motivation and no emotional commitment to cut every single corner possible to get the car out the door as cheaply and quickly as possible.

·
Banned
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
No idea of the situation....

BUT, fixing things on the Esprit isn't always a couple hour job! Sometimes not even a weekend job!

Sometimes it can take quite a while. You have to take things apart figure out what was wrong/broken, then order parts, wait for parts from some other country, and then find time to install parts just to find out that that didn't solve the problem...

It happens fairly often.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts