The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From SELOC:

A Request From Top Gear

Not sure if i should be posting this but hay here goes..(no doubt if i shouldnt i will be told)

Fancy a day at the Top Gear test track? The chance to ride with the Stig and even see if you can outdo the demon driver at his own game? Without having to pay a penny? Well, we have an unusual but exciting request from BBC Top Gear magazine...

To coincide with the launch of the Lotus Elise 111R and the new Exige, BBC Top Gear magazine will be gathering all the key Elise variants for a photoshoot and story at its Top Gear Test Track, Dunsfold, near Guilford, Surrey. In order to do this, they need OLC members' help. Well, more to the point, they need you to bring your car along and take part in a great day out.

The date is 07 April, lunch will be provided (although a thermos and warm jacket is recommended!), and all cars will be fully insured by BBC Top Gear magazine. They'd like The Stig to have one lap in your car - with you sat alongside, of course, going as fast as you're happy with - and there's the chance to drive the track yourself or enjoy more passenger rides if you prefer.

The cars that Top Gear magazine is after (and they MUST be unmodified) are as follows:

Elise "S1":
K-series 118hp (standard)
111S
Sport 135
Sport 160
Sport 190
GT1....!

Elise "S2"
K-series 120hp (standard)
Sport 135
111S
Sport 190

Exige S1

340R

Lotus will supply a new Elise 111R and an Exige "S2".

If you are able to help then call James Mills at BBC Top Gear Magazine on 0208-433-3717 or email him at [email protected]. Hurry though - it's a first come, first-served basis!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts