The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw this posted on another site. The temporary registration expires on 8/15, and in FL I think they are only good for a month, so it would have also been delivered on the 15th. It would have dealer plates on it if it was a demo, so I think this may be an actual car that is owned by someone.

The SUV that is towing it has an Auburn sticker on the back window, so it doesnt look like it is a dealer car either, but rather one that someone picked up.

Anybody know whos car this is? I cant read the entire plate on the SUV, or tell from what county in Florida it is, but the picture was taken around Jacksonville. Anybody have friends at U-Haul that can see who rented the car carrier with that license plate number?

Lotus being taken home?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
There is a report on Miata.net of someone seeing a red Elise near Hudson Valley, New York.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Randy Chase said:
There is a report on Miata.net of someone seeing a red Elise near Hudson Valley, New York.
Yeah but he also claimed it as Red and White???? Thats not a possible combo.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a type 49? that is red on the top and white on the bottom and has gold wheels. It would be a Euro Model. Might belong to a foreigner that has it here temporarily.

What I cant figure out is why isnt the person driving the car home
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Anybody know if Mark Starr got his demo in? He posted that it was being delivered and then nothing else was ever said.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Hot Dayum, too cool but a shame not to drive it home!!

BTW> You have to do the tie downs around the wheels, can't use any of the suspension parts as anchor points. Though I believe I'd have splurged and bought the canvas tie downs.

It'd make sense for FL to get one pretty quick (Matheny?) he's pretty close to Brunswick.

Chris

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I'm going to call my salesperson (Kathy) at Matheni on Monday and ask if this is form them and also if she has got the demo in yet.
I think the dealers are not rushing to post here about their cars to keep us from flooding their showrooms with visits, calls etc, can't say that I blame them since it must be a pain to get 15 -20 calls a day asking about if the cars have arrived.

zvezdah1, Did I miss the exterior shots you were going to take this weekend? I haven't seem them yet. BTW what are you doing at home this late? shouldn't you be out driving your Liz? BTW Congratulations on the Liz, I didn't post it in the TKS thread because i fugured after 100 plus congrats you had to be getting tired of saying Thanks,

BTW , when I got my frist Carrera, I went to pick it up in Naples and drove it around from Naples to Everglades City (South) through some small little roads and got upt ot 155MPH with it, it was pretty stupid since the car didn';t even have 150 miles in it but since porsche tests their cars up to redline in Germany I figured it couldn't hurt it to badly! by the time I made it home to Fort lauderdale i had put over 600 miles on the car.

BTW2 - i love that color of this #2 car are we sure it is magnetic blue?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
HI Fred,
Yeah this car really asks to be driven fast, red's a great color, it's like a police magnet!!

I'm posting a few outdoor shots on the pics thread, unfortunately color turned out a little orangey, going to try to do better this evening. I really need a better camera.

I just finished giving it's first bath, that's why I'm still here!

Pretty sure that's magnetic blue, nightfall is darker.
CHris

Q

·
0 Posts
Spoke to Kathy at Matheny yesterday (Saturday). They haven't taken delivery of their cars yet. Said they would come next week.

First delivery will be the demo car and the #1 and #3 cars.

#2 car has the LSS and wasn't shipped yet due to the parts shortage

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Chris, Thanks for taking the time on the Pics, and try not to get a ticket, cops are just like us, they pay attention to cars that are out of the ordinary.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've used the same car carrier on my M100 Elan. It looks like there is MORE clearance on the Elise, weird.

We should all rejoice I guess, we'll bottom out less often than in the Elan.

Barry

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
BarryB said:
I've used the same car carrier on my M100 Elan. It looks like there is MORE clearance on the Elise, weird.

We should all rejoice I guess, we'll bottom out less often than in the Elan.

Barry
How do you strap your Elan down? You can lower the car quite a bit compressing the suspension.

~Paul

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
NMR<
NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't tie down with any of the suspension, you HAVE to tie down by wheels only. That's the one thing all the owners and LCU have told me.

Chris

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
NMR<
NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't tie down with any of the suspension, you HAVE to tie down by wheels only. That's the one thing all the owners and LCU have told me.

Chris
I know that's true for the Elise. But he was comparing the stance of the Elise on the trailer to his Elan on the trailer. If he's strapping it down more conventionally, it would certainly appear lower. Does the same restriction apply to the Elan?

~Paul

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Good question Paul,

I don't know if it's safe to tie an M100 down using the raft suspension which I believer are alum?

M100 Sean can you give us anything on how m100 is tied down?C
Chris

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I'm really surprised with as many members as we have he's not on this group, or maybe he's unavailable cause he's driving back to VA.

If it were, I'd of flown in and driven home.

Chris:)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Luckily I never had to have my Elan towed- so I don't know :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
kellzey said:
Spoke to Kathy at Matheny yesterday (Saturday). They haven't taken delivery of their cars yet. Said they would come next week.

First delivery will be the demo car and the #1 and #3 cars.

#2 car has the LSS and wasn't shipped yet due to the parts shortage
If its not Matheny than who? who has contacts at Palm Beach? Clearwater? Miami? it has got to be one of them. The car seems to be a Fed Elise, were there any Press cars that were Magnetic Blue? Could lotus be selling them?

Just wandering and passing the time

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
The show cars of course can't be sold, interesting point about the press cars. Though I doubt they'd sell (certainly not this soon) as they're not true production cars. To be honest I don't know if they carried a valid US VIN, I know the show cars didn't. They yellow elise at the reception at LCU doesn't have a US vin.,

Surprised, I really thought Matheny would have been the first FL dealer as they're so close to Brunswick.

CHris

1 - 20 of 45 Posts