The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday night G. Hahn calls me up----

"David, Sascha told me your thinking of selling your Elise."

David----yeah Greg that's right.....like 3800 someting miles 06 orange with hardtop, sport, touring......and it will come with 2 extra sets of SSR's with one set of burned out A6's and another with like 50 % or so left.

David----I would want 33,000.

Greg-----Ok you got it, deal.

------------------------------
That was it ! No zillion emails asking me how many times I autoxed it. No requests for pictures, or ECU dump....etc.

Ok, Greg lives 300 miles away from me, but he still has a place like only 30 miles up the road from me. He knows me. He autocrosses.

If he would have asked me for a million pictures....I would have said no deal...too much of a pain in the a$$.

He is a good guy. He got a good deal.

PS----(and I asked him if I could run it at a autox on mothers day for old time sake, and he said yes. That's how selling a car should be done.)

PPS----my new daily M3 rocks.......but much to my wife's surprise I think I will be in the market for a new SC Elise or a Exige 240S...6 months to 2 years.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Tracy would like to congratulate Lehman on his pending sale.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Congrats, I think. He definitely got a good deal.

I would rather wholesale a car to a dealer than deal with a retail nut.

Sounds like a smooth transaction.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah Jim I totally agree with you about wholesale. But I know Greg, and he has raced locally with me for a few years, and he also goes to nationals occasionally. I believe he is in "the back" of the solo book for a Pro solo season in win in D stock or something like that.

He had expressed some interest in the car awhile ago. When a buddy of his told him I was thinking of selling my Elise----well he called me.

--------------------------------------------
PS---some people think they are going to come from out of state and low ball you and get a steal, or else they are going to want a microscopic inspection of the cars DNA. I must have answered about how often the car was autox'ed like 3 times to the same guy. Some people are buyers, and some are just tire kickers.

PSS---oh yeah. AND LIKE A LOTUS ISNT GOING TO BE AUTOXED---RIGHT !

PSSS---probably take a autox'ed car before a tracked one.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
PSSS---probably take a autox'ed car before a tracked one.
Yeah, no **** David. People are so hung up on 4 X 40 second runs but ignore what 6 hours of high revs on a track do to a car. Besides, every Elise owner should be required to do at least one autoX so they can learn the limits of the car.

When I bought my MR2 there was no haggle, and his wife loved the car, didn't want to sell so she gets a co-drive in the DC Pro. And they ran the car with me a few weeks ago to help me set it up. :)

Congrats on your painless sale.

·
Registered
361 Posts
so if someone would have asked the basic question and for pics they would have been written off? If I asked for all that and you said no, I'd think I'd have a pretty good idea as to the condition of the car.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Keith is happy for Lehman and Greg.
Keith would like to congratulate both of you.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
L. A. Mike is the only person that is allowed to refer to himself in the third person when discussing a Lotus.

<object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kw8B_eb7rZU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
The only guys I've heard refer to themselves in the third person (besides on this forum) are Bob Dole, Kinky Friedman, and the Unibomber. Enough said...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts