The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Exactly what I was thinking Transio, Lotus USA whole procedure with this has been pretty poor. I talked to my salesman today and he said they don't know when there demo is coming, sometime in May is all they know. They have no idea how many cars they are getting in the first batch or when. They don't want to speculate anymore and are telling customers they simply don't know because Lotus hasn't informed them. They know nothing of dealer installed options as far as pricing, availability, and timeframe.
Handling 100 some cars a year is one thing, 2400 plus new dealers, parts, etc is another.

Sometimes a little shake up can be a good thing.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I was offered a "bump up" myself. The day I got my reciept for deposit faxed to me, a client was in my room and noticed the paperwork. Turns out he was best friends with the owner of an East Coast dealership. He asked me about the car and the wait lists and said he said I bet ******* will give you a better spot if I asked him. I said sure, go ahead. My client made the call and I was offered a top ten spot instead of the #28 I currently had at my dealer. In the 5 minute duration of the phone call I changed my mind.

I decided it wasn't the right thing to do AND equally I didn't want to have to drive or ship it clear across country. The whole point is noyt that I'm a good guy or a bad guy or a stupid guy. The point of telling this story is that yes Virginia there are bump ups.

Steve

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
The dealer in question is Rothrock. Surferjer is not happy about this and could not confirm this with his dealer.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am 5th on the list at a dealer in NJ. Have had a deposit down since 2/20/02 at 11:52 AM (Still have the credit card receipt). Someone else posted here recently that he was First on the list at the same dealer and had his deposit down for 6 months. He also mentioned something about a previous Lotus purchase.

This dealer also told me this past week that someone "gave up" their spot in line (#7 I believe), and the dealer is taking that car and selling it for $5000 over list to whomever wants it. They also confirmed that they will honor the agreement to sell the car to me for the list price. I have that written on my deposit invoice. The person that I talked to is about the 5th person in two years there to be selling the Elise. Quite a turnover in salesmen at this dealership. When you call, you never quite know who is going to be the front person for the Elise.

·
Registered
219 Posts
1FASTMX5 said:
"we were placed #1 on the list to receive the 1st Elise with the package we requested to arrive"

"they bumped her up to get the first Lotus that arrives in the color she wants. Which means instead of waiting a year+, we'll have the Lotus by May/June! "
I guess I'm the only one who reads that as they're getting the first touring arctic silver w/black interior that the dealer gets, which this yokel anticipates being in May/June. So the only one presumably hurt is the one who placed an order for that car.

Of course, between the other outrageousness in his post that's already been pointed out, the numerous erroneous bits that weren't:

"The Elise comes in two packages: Touring and Sport. The difference between the Touring and Race packages is that the Touring comes with power everything and insulated wheel wells. The Sport package is pretty insane. It's stripped a bit lighter then the Touring b/c of optional A/C and insulation is all removed. ",
and the general inability to discern between their/there/they're and then/than (my personal pet peeve), I'd not be surprised to find out he didn't quite fully comprehend what the dealer "promised" him, either...

21 - 25 of 25 Posts