The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hello! -

I am buying an Evora in the next day or so and am trading an Audi S5 - by that list they gave, means that Lotus is giving a deal of $4,000 paid by them for the trade of the car?

So that would be $4,000 less than my agreed upon price since this rebate is from lotus and not a dealer?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Hello! -

I am buying an Evora in the next day or so and am trading an Audi S5 - by that list they gave, means that Lotus is giving a deal of $4,000 paid by them for the trade of the car?

So that would be $4,000 less than my agreed upon price since this rebate is from lotus and not a dealer?

Thanks
Correct though you do not need to trade in your car (you could if you want though)

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW, this offer is only for 2013s.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
i think they should reconsider this program and instead pay a qualifying Porsche driver $500 or maybe even more - maybe $1k - to test drive a car for an hour.

you screen the population so you are streaming it to the Porsche owners who are in a 997 or 997.2 who are looking at swapping up to a 991. peel off some of the cream of the Porsche audience and i think if you get them to drive it by paying for their attention, you might have a better hit ratio. after all i do not think that the Lotus issue is one of overpricing, it is just getting the attention and committment from this group to at least try one out.

·
Registered
2017 Lotus Evora 400
691 Posts
4K is not bad after negotiating a price BUT considering most of them are advertised with the MRSP...not a very good deal. If the MRSP is mid 80s for a NA, I think still too high.

·
Registered
331 Posts
So if i send an acquaintance to buy one on the cars that's on sale for $56k, they will get the $56k price and Lotus will send them a check for $4k?. So effectively $52k?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I understand their desire to lure people away competing brands, but what if you're not driving one of them (like me)? If you're going to give people incentive, give it to anyone who buys the car.

·
Illegal Alien
5,258 Posts
i think they should reconsider this program and instead pay a qualifying Porsche driver $500 or maybe even more - maybe $1k - to test drive a car for an hour.

you screen the population so you are streaming it to the Porsche owners who are in a 997 or 997.2 who are looking at swapping up to a 991. peel off some of the cream of the Porsche audience and i think if you get them to drive it by paying for their attention, you might have a better hit ratio. after all i do not think that the Lotus issue is one of overpricing, it is just getting the attention and committment from this group to at least try one out.
Good idea, Lotus needs to expand its base, seems that right now most buyers are moving from older Evoras .. Just not spreading the brand. Don't think, $1k is needed for test drive .. That sounds like we are whoring out to get buyers. How about $500 to drive plus $3000 if they buy .

·
Registered
331 Posts
I understand their desire to lure people away competing brands, but what if you're not driving one of them (like me)? If you're going to give people incentive, give it to anyone who buys the car.
That would probably help the guy i know too, his cars not on that list. Now that i think about it, why is there a list?

Wouldn't a purchase of a higher end sports car effectively take away from the competition?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just don't like the idea that I'm essentially stuck paying $4,000 more for the car then someone else, just because I don't drive one of those cars. Tell me Lotus, is that fair?

(and yes I know most all of you that have owned your cars from new probably didn't get a break either, but...)

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
MAK, in fairness, lots of other manufacturers have done the exact same program. The difference is, Lotus makes their list extremely wide where almost anyone could qualify. Also, if your car is not on that list, contact the dealer you're working with...Lotus might be able to adjust that list ;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
218 Posts
Or modifying it to instead of a cash incentive, organize a track day with local dealers for qualified prospects to test the Evora. Much less cash, and really shows off what the car can do.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Or modifying it to instead of a cash incentive, organize a track day with local dealers for qualified prospects to test the Evora. Much less cash, and really shows off what the car can do.
The dealer here in Dubai has done this twice on his own dime with 2 different cars each time. Then what were new cars immediately go back into the inventory as used. Seems crazy, but I guess it's working or they wouldn't repeat it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
if you really want the rebate, you could buy a cheap used Ford Mustang, IS300, G35, etc. Give it to your kid, spouse, etc. Or even use it as a daily car and the Evora for the weekend/track

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
MAK, in fairness, lots of other manufacturers have done the exact same program. The difference is, Lotus makes their list extremely wide where almost anyone could qualify. Also, if your car is not on that list, contact the dealer you're working with...Lotus might be able to adjust that list ;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
:UK:

·
Registered
577 Posts
You just had to make me go check out that site. :-0

They've got a 2013 Aspen White NA, that is screaming to me,

"Sell your Elise and trade in your Infiniti G37 and buy me, it's your birthday soon!"

I must resist the temptation...I've got soooo much into the Elise (10s of thousands of dollars in building out an insane turbo setup) that I'll never get back (which I knew going in).

Plus I couldn't play (read that as make a twin turbo setup work) with the Evora until the warranty is out.

(secretly hoping someone from Lotus of Portand see's this and makes me a deal I can't refuse)

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Hmm, looks like buying a new 2012 gets me nothin'!!!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
QUOTE=Mak;3154825]I just don't like the idea that I'm essentially stuck paying $4,000 more for the car then someone else, just because I don't drive one of those cars. Tell me Lotus, is that fair?

(and yes I know most all of you that have owned your cars from new probably didn't get a break either, but...)[/QUOTE]

Last year lotus gave me 5000 as part of the loyalty program that ran in parallel to the conquest program. I traded in my Elise for my evora. Worked out great.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts