The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The black battery cover (the one with SIR stuck on it) in the trunk of my Elise is flopping around. Its not totally loose but it looks like it might be only held on by one screw/nut somewhere towards the back. Is this the way its supposed to be or am I missing something to clamp it down at the front of the cover? Does anybody elses move around?

P.S. the inside passenger door handle doesn't unlatch the door either when its pulled. So a passenger can't open the door to get out :eek: Probably just something needs adjusting at the first service. Has anybody else noticed a similar problem? I can open the door from the outside fine so for the last couple of weeks I've had to be a gentleman when my wife is the passenger :)

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
tin,
check your manual, I seem to recall something about opening the door dependent on whether the keylock was vertical or horiz, may only pertain to power locks, memory fails me here.
Chris

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Read the manual? You mean I don't just get in and drive? :D

Thanks though, I'll have a look when I get home. I've managed 600 miles now without having to open it. Although I had to give up and open the manual for the radio on day two of ownership. That thing is so complex :huh:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually I just went outside to the parking lot and had a play with the door. Its not making any difference if the keylock is vertical or horizontal. (I have the power locks.) If I pull on the inside handle I can feel that its almost unlatching the door, but just not quite. If I put a lot of pressure on the door from the inside while I pull the handle then I can get the door to open, but this isn't something I want passengers to be doing.

Ah well, thanks for the help Chris. I'll ask the dealership to adjust it in a couple of weeks. Now, does anybody have any suggestions on the loose battery cover?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
The battery cover is held in place by 2 snaps on the carpeting (believe it or not). You can see the snaps on the edge of the carpet, just below the SIR sticker. Make sure those are snapped to the floor of the trunk.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Tintin,

The battery cover is held in place with 2 snaps in the carpeting. Lift up the carpet next to the battery, you'll see 2 snaps. Set the battery cover in place, you'll find 2 holes that allow the snaps to show thru. Snap the carpet down and the cover is held in place.

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! I got it snapped into place. I guess having the carpet hold the cover down must save some weight ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts