The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The passenger outside door handle on my 2005 Elise is loose. This is the thumb button and the finger cup which I'm guessing is all one mechanical unit.
It looks to me that the only way to get to it is thru the door jam reflector or remove the door panel and go up from there.

Looking at a diagram it looks like it would be a tight fit since it looks like it needs to have screws tightened in that narrow area.

Which way do you get at it and how complicated is it?

thanks, Willy

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Taking the door panel off is easy but it was not intuitive. The first time I tried it I got confused. So look on this site for the correct procedure.

After that, you will see the door handle as shown. It looks like it would be easy to tighten up.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Sorry I missed the part about the "outside" door handle!! Maybe if your inside handle becomes loose, you'll be ready though.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
It comes out the reflector hole. it is tight but will fit. Sometimes the little metal bar that the reflector attaches to takes a bit to pop off but it will come off as well. Make sure you put the screw back into it and use that as a little handle so you don't drop it inside the door when you pop it free. One of the most fiddly things on the car to mess with. Have fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts