The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed that the front headlight on the drivers side is loose. If I press down on either the upper or lower corner, it rocks.

I am mechanically inclined but I haven't worked on cars in 15+ years and let's just say they are built a little differently these days than when I worked on them.

How can I access the headlight to tighten whatever bolt must be loose or is this one of those times I need to go back to the dealer?

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
There is another thread on this - but simply remove the wheel liner, 2 bolts in the front and 2 bolts in the back. Get it where you want it and tighten it down.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
removing wheel and wheel liner is the easiest way, but if you crank the wheel all the way and undo the front haf of the liner in a pinch, you may be able to reach. I did it that way at one point. Those bolts come loose easily unfortunately.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Check my thread. You will have great difficulty getting to the front bolts. Also mine are all tightened up but the headlights still move a little when you put pressure on them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts