Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.laautoshow.com/2005/index.aspx

SHOW DATES

Friday, January 7 - Sunday, January 16, 2005

TIMES

Fridays - 11:00 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Saturdays - 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Sundays - 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Monday thru Thursday - 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.

Los Angeles Convention Center
1201 South Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, California 90015

ADMISSION

Adults: $10.00
Children: 12 and under - free when accompanied by an adult
Seniors(65+): $7.00 on weekdays (Monday - Friday)

Looks like LCU will not be there (but that can change) but that some Lotus dealers will have some Elises in a smaller display.

I have decided to not go this year in order to focus on some other things in my business.

Anyone else going?

·
Registered
495 Posts
I'm a regular at the preview night. Kind of a tradition.

Surprised that Lotus wouldn't show at this point. I know nothing of marketing, but it would seem to me that this is the critical time to promote the car beyond the 'enthusiast' group

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Oh I'll be there, just as a visitor.

I hope Lotus USA is smart enough to send some folks with thick skin, and answers. If they're expecting a hugs & flowers reception by all the folks whole have been on a waiting list for a year, hearing "Lotus USA tells us nothing!" from their dealers... it won't be pretty.

Ideally, they will be there en force, with a Lotus Laptop hooked into the Lotus MCP and ready to do dish out information for specific customers and dealership allocations.

Baaawhahhahaha...

We can dream.

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
I'm going. It's a tradition for the past 15 years or so.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I'll be there on Nov. 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9, depending on how much fun I have... if you look at the Exhibitor List you'll find me in Kentia Hall at the Loyola Marymount University SAE booth... or if I'm not there I've abandoned my post to drool at the Lotus... Anyways, stop by and say hello.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Modern Wedgie said:
Mark, you keep threatening to come over. Whats the problem? And when are you going to ship that gorgeous car with you?

Hi
I'll be within the continent of America but much further south of your country.

BTW
You need to do a bit more photoshop to your avatar to show that you've already removed your rear undertray and are doing something real under the rear of your car
;)

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Re: MacWorld?

lotuscar said:
Do people still use those things?
12 Lashes with a wet noodle. Believe it or not, we're still around, and slowly gaining as people see hassle free computing :D.

OTOH, this thread is eerie, has it been a whole year? It seems longer with regards to the Elise.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'll be there before the show opens to the public as a member of the automotive media. I was planning on grilling them as I did last year but I guess I'll have to vent my frustrations elsewhere. It definitely seems odd that they will not attend - last year it was packed with overweight journalists trying to shoe-horn themselves into the Elise. My guess is that Proton is beginning to tighten the reins.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I'll probably make a trip over there out of tribute to my waiting experience:

2003 show - first time I saw the Elise;
2004 - first saw the Fed Elise and was about 1/2 way through my wait.

http://www.laautoshow.com/2005/index.aspx

Anyone know which dealers will be having a display?

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
what happened to those Chevron $2 off coupons? I haven't heard or seen one anywhere.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'll bet here on the 5th and 6th for Media Days and give you a sneak preview. I still can't believe Lotus won't be there...I guess they anticipated some irate Elise owners (myself included) to give them a hard time!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts