The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your humble reporter must apologize for mising my report due last week. The frenzied pace of Lotus action just was more than I could keep up with. At any rate here it is with the benefit of a few more days information. I will endeavor to continue being your man on the scene until Randy stops me, or Lotus does something.

Cars delivered last week....................0
Cars scheduled to deliver this week...0
Cars due next week............................0
Los Angeles city dealerships...............0
Los Angeles county dealerships..........0

Steve

·
Registered
163 Posts
Anybody checked with Lotus USA and our West Coast Rep?

When I talked to him back in August I was asking about Silver Star and he said

"Silver Star should have 11 cars by the end of September and 5 cars a month for Oct, Nov, Dec. At #15, that means my car is expected 'around' the end of Oct"

Latest update Silver Star had 6 cars and they expect my car "hopefully by the end of the year"

Something doesn't compute.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rbullett said:
Is this the delivery for the whole US?
No, just for Los Angeles as the post title "Los Angeles Update" indicates. We are still waiting for delivery #1 in Los Angeles, we have no dealer.

Steve

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Went to Silver Star yesterday and they told me they delivered a ST car a couple days ago. I went there to check out a black Elise with Stage 2 that was there getting serviced. My dad tipped me off that it was there. It was Newport's Demo car. I took some pics. I'll post them in another thread.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Symbolic has no new info on my car. Supposedly built in August, but no VIN or indication that it's been shipped. In the absence of confirmatory info, I've stopped believing the August build part and have adjusted my expectations to Xmas delivery - anything sooner will be a nice surprise.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sadly Symbolics history is such that you may never know. Having read Nick's posts I expect that if your car was parked outside the showroom, just prepped, and a "good old customer" asked about getting one, he'd be driving yours home.

Steve

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Sownman said:
Sadly Symbolics history is such that you may never know. Having read Nick's posts I expect that if your car was parked outside the showroom, just prepped, and a "good old customer" asked about getting one, he'd be driving yours home.

Steve
Could be. I've tried to build a rapport with Nick, while suggesting that I'm old enough and smart enough not to be jerked around, but in reality there isn't that much than I can do about it. But we do live in a very affluent area, so I'm hoping that he wants me to say good things about Symbolic to my friends and will treat me right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts